Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen freeze

Hi,

my copy of bf2142 ran smooth for the last 4 months, until 2 days ago. Now every time i succesfully load a map, when i start playing my screen freezes and all i can do is push the reset button (no alt-tab, alt f4 or ctr-alt-del work).

after reading posts of people with simular problems, i tried:
    -removing all previous vid drivers, and installing the latest
    -installing the latest version of directx
    -defrag, clear cache, manualy update pb
    -checking vid card and cpu for overheating, also checked ram on leaks but everything check out.
    -re-install x2 (applying the patches in the correct order)
    -after that i became desperate - I'm all out of ideas, except for reformat.

my system specs are:
    athlon64 x2 5200 - 2 gig ram - nvidia Geforce 7600 GS (everything runs at stock speeds- no OC) - i played with all seting on maximum (except for AA @ x2, and at a resolution of 1024 x 786)

everything else on my comp runs fine. i didnt change any hardware/software prior to the game freeze incidents.
    Anyone got an idea what might be causing these screenfreezes? Spyware or a virus? Anyone else that has the same problem? Any 7600 GS users who have problems?

I was getting quite addicted to bf2142, and now i cant play so heeeeelp!!

thanks in advance for any constructive comments - sorry for creating a new thread for this but i couldnt find any other similar to my problem.

do you mean everything freezes? or just your KB and mouse?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
      do you mean everything freezes? or just your KB and mouse?
      realy everything freezes... i just get a static screen of whatever i was looking at. if some sound was playing, that gets into a loop too.

no controls, no nothing, a total lockup.

Comment

try updating punkbuster manually. or

1) Go to your BF2142 folder, mine is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142

2) Locate the file radial. cdb

3) Rename that file to something else. I renamed it to oradial.cdb (as in Old Radial.cdb)

Comment

there is no radial file, and i already updated my punkbuster.

just did a full scale virus and spyware sweep, no problems there.

Comment

it's a hidden file so you have to enable the viewing of hidden files in explorer.

Windows XP: Tools->Folder Options->View->Show Hidden Files and Folders

Comment

i can see the hidden files, its not there...is it a bad this that i'm missing that file?

Comment

LOL you shouldn't be missing it

Comment

i'm currently going for install #3, i'll tell you in 10 minutes if its there or not. thanks for the help already, greatly appreciated

ok i got to play for 2 minutes now, but it felt very jerky. we'll see how it evolves .

Btw the radial file, it seems only WinRAR can locate it, so thats what i did now, i renamed it using winrar (source: EA boards, who would have guessed you could find something useful there uh)

i hope that's the problem...

thanks again sniper

Comment

yer i changed the radial file thingy and it helped a great deal

my game was freezing not to long ago but it was down to overheating :laugh:

Comment

radial only exists on some installations

Comment

Working...
                      X