Vista, X-fi card and BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista, X-fi card and BF

Need some help with this becouse I'm getting no help at all from creative support or the vista online 'support'.

I got a system running on vista 64 and I already found out that it doesn't support the X-fi cards very well. In fact, BF is the only game I've installed so far that even recognizes the X-fi card. Any other games (Medieval 2, Neverwinter 2) won't let me select EAX options or even High sound quality. I downloaded every driver I could find from the Creative site and got some patches from microsoft but that didn't work.
    The issue with BF is that the battlecommo doesn't seem to 'hear' my microphone. The mic works, I tested it, but when I try to use it in BF (or teamspeak for that matter) and want to configure it it's like it's not plugged in. No sound, no green bar going up and down as I speak, nothing.
    I need to know if anyone else encounterd this and if it's more a Vista, X-fi or BF related issue.

Thx in advance.

You need to download creative alchemy, it converts direct 3d games (which dont work in vista) to openal (which is what bf uses)

Comment

One thing you could try for the mic is to disable all other inputs via the Vista control panel.

Control Panel
      Sound
      Recording (disable everything in here except the mic)

Comment

Thx loads for that alchemy tip. Creative's Dutch support ppl never mentioned that prog. At least I got the other games to work properly now. Still no success with the battlecommo though.
        I can hear myself talking through my speakers, but battlecommo and TS just don't seem to register it.
        Weird...

Comment

Welcome to the wonderfull world of x64, go here http://www.planetamd64.com/ for x64 OS help lot of good ppl there.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I posted a thread over there now too. Still no help from creative. I got a support e-mail from them saying I had to do this and that in de gamesmodule of the X-fi console. Only that console looks totally different in x64 then it does in WinXP, so I can't even find the tabs they're talking about... :hmm:

Comment

Working...
            X