Have you come back to 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you come back to 2142?

I went away from BF2142. It wasn't as fun as it should have been. The game was filled with people exploiting the SLSB podding tricks, unco-operative squadmates, idiots and noobs (not newbs, noob. For those who don't know the difference, look here - http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060823). Frankly, at that point, I was playing Nexuiz (a great opensource FPS, I recommend it to everyone who likes fast paced combat), STALKER SOC and DEFCON. A few days ago, I came back to BF2142.

My question is, did you go away from BF2142 and if you did, what made you come back?

well I quit 2142 ages ago but I still play it once in a while

Comment

I quit, and wont be "coming back". There are too many irritants in the game, that dont seem to be going away. There are already some much better games out there, with more to come.

Also, "noob" and "newb" can mean the same thing. If someone were new to a game they would likely say they're "noob", not "newb". In fact i've not heard "newb" used for years. It means the same thing, depending on the context it's used in.

I'm sick of people trying to say that the words are different.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis908 View Post
        Also, "noob" and "newb" can mean the same thing. If someone were new to a game they would likely say they're "noob", not "newb". In fact i've not heard "newb" used for years. It means the same thing, depending on the context it's used in.

I'm sick of people trying to say that the words are different.

Hey, you are wrong on all accounts! Thats impressive.

In online gaming, a greater distinction may be made between a 'newb' and a 'noob'. The common consensus is that a newb is someone who through their very nature of being a new player is inexperienced and naive to particular gaming mechanics or etiquette, whereas a noob is a player that is generally considered to be experienced, yet often makes mistakes or solecisms that would more likely be attributed to a newb.
        Source

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
          Lol, wikipedia as the source. You do know that it's user contributed, and essentially someones opinion.

"Some1 r r0t3 1t d0wn, 1t mu5t b3 tru!"

Comment

Lol, wikipedia as the source. You do know that it's user contributed, and essentially someones opinion.

"Some1 r r0t3 1t d0wn, 1t mu5t b3 tru!"

Inaccurate wiki entries tend to get edited, so what you get is the consensus.
            Which is exactly what is relevant when we are discussing the usage of words.

Otherwise look here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=newb

Three different sources says that you are wrong, do you have any source to back up your claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
              Inaccurate wiki entries tend to get edited, so what you get is the consensus.
              Which is exactly what is relevant when we are discussing the usage of words.

Otherwise look here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=newb

Three different sources says that you are wrong, do you have any source to back up your claim?
              Of course not, it is a made up word after all. I am all the source i need to make a decision on the meaning of the word, were i to look it up i may find others. People tend not to write about what a word doesnt mean.

Your sources are somewhat questionable, and are by no means definitive. Especially urban dictionary.

Also, there are less likely to be articles on the internet on how "noob is newb". You also forget that while the majority might think you're right, the majority are also noobs.

"Noob" is derived from the same word as "Newb".

Comment

I'm loyal, But I play the mods more the the original game. I am really into the team aspect of the game. Tournaments have been a nice change too.

Comment

i actually dont hate the game i only hate the exploits and the bugs:P

Comment

No! But I have been back to 1985!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I play CSS now lol

Comment

I hate the ' lost connection to server messages ', which still come up pretty frequently. Sometimes they turn me off and I won't play BF2142 for some time, but so far I've always come back to 2142.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Battlefield. Playing online against so many other people is great fun, there's huge variety of weapons, maps, and vehicles; and the replay value is practically limitless.

Comment

I left for a bit. Supreme Commander and CS:S took over, but I missed the 64 person free for alls, Cerbere shoot outs from Church to the South Town Center, APM whoring on titans, and the Clark.

Comment

Of course not, it is a made up word after all. I am all the source i need to make a decision on the meaning of the word, were i to look it up i may find others. People tend not to write about what a word doesnt mean.

Your sources are somewhat questionable, and are by no means definitive. Especially urban dictionary.

Also, there are less likely to be articles on the internet on how "noob is newb". You also forget that while the majority might think you're right, the majority are also noobs.

"Noob" is derived from the same word as "Newb".
                              your wrong now shut it

Comment

Working...
                              X