Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for clans with their own server(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for clans with their own server(s)

When a bunch of you and your clan members play on your server do you all stick to one side to play together, or do you spread to either side to play against each other?

I ask because I recently got done with a hellish game in which all of [NmE] I believe all were on one side with pubbers on the other. It's their server, they can do what they please, but it seemed like that must be really boring. They were EU on Berlin winning 200 to 50 and it got really frustrating, people were leaving every 30 seconds and there was really no challenge presented by the PAC. That it f***ing sucks when you end up dying every minute too.

Just figured most would like to play against their clan mates for more of a challenge.

The clan is always split on our server (and autoblance & team randomize is always on, which does break up squads but keeps things mixed up). Makes for far, far better games. Plus most of the clan guys are hardcore knife whores who enjoy nothing more than getting tags from the other guys in the clan.

Team stacking is borrrring. But when a clan pays for a server they can do what they want. Perfectly understandable that they want to play together. But still boring.

Comment

We all play on whatever side we end up on... For the first round at least. We NEVER turn off auto-balance or use the CC to switch members to the same team. Every once in a while you will see 5 or 6 of us on the same team... But I swear, it happens by chance (or we teamswitch during a round ).

HOWEVER... When we join a public server, we LOVE getting onto the same team by whatever means necessary and utterly humiliating the home clan

Comment

A clan all staying on the same team and bullying pubbers in public servers is bad...

Comment

If they don't like it, they can kick us As I said, we don't stay on the same team on our own server. Besides, I never saw any rule that says that players can't coordinate their attacks... Teamspeak/Vent just take teamwork to a whole new level.

Comment

depending on how public the clanserver is, i'd say clan members are happy to be split so long as they have a couple of familiar faces in their squad

Comment

we use to play with most of ours clan members on one side but not much now.. if the server gets to a state where our side is dominating a few of us will switch side to help the others out.. but there are occasions like yesterday when we were all on the same side.. there was 7 clan members from another clan on the other side and it made it quite even.. so if that does happen then i think its fair for the clans to stay on one side.. but once you start winning by 200-0 the fun goes out and we switch side...

some ppl look at the sides and say 6 brig gens on that side and only 3 on the other this is not fair... i wouldnt read too much into how many brig gens are on any side.. i know many lower rank guys that are far better than brig gens.. anyway brig gen is a give-away rank anyone can get it..

Comment

I'm a pubber and if I'm on a team that is absoultely dominating then I'll sometimes switch to the other team to try and help even things out.

Only do this if i actually think it'll make a difference though, no point in switching to the losing team if they are so helpless that it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Comment

We try to balance ourselves out as best as we can between the teams, sometimes by the luck of the draw it will put several of us on one team. If it turns out the other team is quite good we may stay, but mostly we will even it out.

Comment

never been in a clan in 2142 but played on plenty of clan servers. LSF is a good one where they split people both sides. So is 50K.

Comment

ehh... its fine if a clan is on one side, or divided.

my gaming community enjoys playing together at times, and against each other at times.

i think a clan/gaming community should be able to make themselves on the same team if they want. but, they gotta be smart about it and not depopulate their own server.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
                        I'm a pubber and if I'm on a team that is absoultely dominating then I'll sometimes switch to the other team to try and help even things out.

Only do this if i actually think it'll make a difference though, no point in switching to the losing team if they are so helpless that it won't make a blind bit of difference.
                        :laugh:

Heh, I always seem to join a server with a complete helpless team.

Comment

Just stick to servers with randomize and side switch. We run it on both our servers and the games are usually very close with no rank and skill stacking. Makes for much better atmosphere and less complaining.

Comment

I got to say, I LOVE the randomize teams function! It makes for much more enjoyable gaming if you plan on sticking with that server for any length of time. Otherwise, I switch to a different server every couple of rounds to mix things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Seppuku
                              The clan is always split on our server (and autoblance & team randomize is always on, which does break up squads but keeps things mixed up). Makes for far, far better games. Plus most of the clan guys are hardcore knife whores who enjoy nothing more than getting tags from the other guys in the clan.

Team stacking is borrrring. But when a clan pays for a server they can do what they want. Perfectly understandable that they want to play together. But still boring.
                              I've played on your server(s?) before, it was very balanced and quite a challenge to win. It helped I was in a squad with some [TRR] in it :laugh:

Well, thank you all for your input

Comment

Working...
                              X