DutchDude's guide to the Ghost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DutchDude's guide to the Ghost!

Hey guys, SilverDragon recommended me to write down my Ghost skills in this section of the site, so here ya go!

-The Ghost-
    What is the Ghost? The Ghost is a transmitter that will prevent your soldier from popping up on UAV. You will be protected from UAV in a 50m radius. The Ghost itself WILL pop up as a blip on the enemy UAV. This is what makes the Ghost shine: the ability to fool enemy soldiers.

-How to use the Ghost?-
    You get 1 Ghost, so make good use of it. Most people just dump it somewhere on the map. Silly little nutters.. you have to hide the thing in a strategical location. I love to place these things next to multi-store buildings. The enemy sees a blip, but where could that blip be? First floor, second floor, roof? They will search for you, providing you with a perfect decoy. This is nice, but it doesn't net you points. So how do we get points with the Ghost?

-How do I get points with the Ghost?-
    Place the Ghost in a location where there is enemy UAV. This generally means that you should place the thing somewhere near the heat of the battle. Now, place one claymore on the Ghost. Make sure it faces the right direction (as in the direction where enemies are most likely to come from). Place another claymore on the way to the Ghost, preferably 5-10m away from the Ghost. Now, imagine your an enemy. You see a blip. It's stationary. "Sniper!" is the first thing that comes to your mind. You run and suddenly, KABLAAAM, claymore. Ok, now the enemy is most certainly conviced that some sniper is hiding out there. The enemy will hunt you down. He is probably going to rush straight into you, but we left a nasty surprise for them didn't we? You'll get another kill and you still have your UAV protection.
    I like to place the Ghost about 30m away from a nice sniper location. That way I am protected by the Ghost against enemy UAV and I can also estimate where the enemy is. Got a claymore kill? There are most likely more enemies en route to the Ghost, so make sure to defend it. Engage the enemies that are moving towards your Ghost. You'll scare them away or you'll kill them. When you feel that you are getting overwhelmed, simply retreat. The claymore you left near the Ghost is sure to cause some confusion. When the enemy sees you retreat they'll probably choose to attack the "soldier" that they saw on UAV instead of that sniper they saw retreating.

-The Ghost and other unlocks-
    The Ghost can also be used in combination with other unlocks. The Ghost and RDX seems a most likely combination, but I don't recommend it. You have to actively watch the Ghost and you are probably getting one mere chance to blow them to kingdom come. Claymores get you two kills or more. RDX can get you more kills, but you need an ideal situation. And you don't get to work with ideal situations often.

The Ghost and the Lambert can also be quite deadly. Hide near your Ghost and blast any enemies that are engaging the Ghost. When you combine the Lambert with clay's or RDX you have a very lethal, versatile, and most of all, fun layout to mess around with.

The Ghost and the It-33 active camo are also a nice combo, but surely not the best. You can move around unseen: the Ghost prevents UAV detection and the IT-33 prevents visual detection. This is nice for lone wolfs but teamplayers are better off using the Ghost as a trap to fool enemies.

-The Ghost on the Titan-
    Place the Ghost ion the enemy titan to be completely invisible on UAV. Try placing it on some remote location that no one will ever visit. It's quite useful: I sometimes even manage to get through a Hallway with the Camo. They don't see me on UAV, they don't see me in the game. I always run to the first support column thingy and pull out nades. Throw the nades and finish off the rest with a Lambert.
    The Ghost can also be used when defending. It's great when your defeinding alone. "OMG NO DEFENS! UAV SHOWS NO ENEMIEZ!!" They run in expecting a nice 'n shiny titan console but end up dead. Never underestimate the element of surprise.

That's all for now, I might update my mini guide if you guys want me to

Good to see a guide made for this unlock, and good to see you made it without whining about weapons. Now people will hopefully learn to trust their eyes over their radar. That or pad our stats. No problem with that.

Comment

Hmm I thought that if you are in the radius of the decoy then it hides your position? Because I saw a sniper running around today infront of me and he didn't show up on the UAV.

Comment

The ghost doesn't get too much love, glad to see a guide for it, I certainly give it it's fair amount of use, it's become a standard item of use for me. As soon as you get used to it and figure out the best ways to use it, not only can you rack up some kills, the knife and explosions are hilarious kills. Try a few rounds and challenge yourself to use only your knife and RDX or APM paired with the ghost. Even if your score isn't the best, it will defiantly be a fun round.

Comment

one situation i've always wanted to find myself in is being the last person left on a decimated team with no flags left. you set your ghost up by a flag and pepper the place with rdx. the commander eventually puts his uav over the flag and hoards of nmes come rushing to steal one last kill. you bide your time, waiting until there are a good 10 or so with their knives out thirsting for your blood until you take that one last click to the rapt awe of your spectating team.

anyway, pipe dream i'm sure

nice guide, ghost is useful as a sniping lure i'll bet - pity the range is only 60m or so

Comment

Ok time to give away a trademark secret

Use the ghost on titan D for fun and profit. Spawn on the deck of the titan, and throw the ghost on the console between the titan guns, and pod on the back. You still have to work a bit, but you'll never show up on those uav scans, and you'll never be more than 60 meters from it

Comment

Originally posted by x + 95 = 4x - 10 View Post
              Hmm I thought that if you are in the radius of the decoy then it hides your position? Because I saw a sniper running around today infront of me and he didn't show up on the UAV.
              -The Ghost-
              What is the Ghost? The Ghost is a transmitter that will prevent your soldier from popping up on UAV. You will be protected from UAV in a 50m radius. The Ghost itself WILL pop up as a blip on the enemy UAV. This is what makes the Ghost shine: the ability to fool enemy soldiers.

People can still detect you visually; grab a Camo if you want to be COMPLETELY undetectable.

Comment

The ghost, like many unlocks, is useful for a certain play styles. I personally am usually a mobile sniper so I see little use for it, but for the camping style of sniper it would be invaluable if you can find a spot to mostly conceal yourself and the muzzle flash.

Comment

Will the ghost protect you from support heartbeat sensor or their IDS?

Im also curious if it prevents them from seeing that red diamond on you for their teammates to see.

Comment

i was messing around on a pregame once and the other guy was using the ghost and they both showed up on uav...

Comment

thats what happens when the sniper strays from the ghost

Comment

Hmm. This is an interesting thread. I haven't really used the ghost much (not being a sniper type), or thought about how to do so creatively. After reading this, I may try it out in the Titan attack mode- Everyone has gotten so reliant on their infantry sensors, I can see it being right handy when camping the top deck, or getting that sneak attack in on some hallway defenders...

Comment

Re: DutchDude's guide to the Ghost!

Originally posted by DutchDude
                          You will be protected from UAV in a 50m radius.
                          I think it is 60 m radius

Comment

Originally posted by Zarious
                            Ok time to give away a trademark secret

Use the ghost on titan D for fun and profit. Spawn on the deck of the titan, and throw the ghost on the console between the titan guns, and pod on the back. You still have to work a bit, but you'll never show up on those uav scans, and you'll never be more than 60 meters from it
                            so THAT'S how you've gotten such a high GS!

Comment

Never used the ghost before cause I like the beacon, but maybe I'll try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X