Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I bother

getting the BF2 complete collection.

I'm probably going to get BF2 soon since its cheap and I feel left out when you guys talk about BF2 :cry:, so Im wondering what version to get

Vanilla BF2
    Deluxe (BF2+SF)
    Complete (BF2+SF+EF+AF)

SF gives you twice the unlocks points right? That's probably the one I'm going to get, unless the boosters are still alive. (are they?)

I would say yea its still a great game. I still play it some times, but be warned once you play it, and then come back to 2142 you will suck.

Comment

Well... if you want to :P
      if you like vehicles, then you'll like BF2...
      and yea, SF gives you 2 unlocks...
      wonder if theres gonna be a 2142 expansion...

Comment

So are the booster packs still alive and is it worth shelling out an extra $10-15 for both of them?

Comment

Yea, I am badly in need of a 2142 expansion, but I have to admit I doubt its coming. I think you should get bf2 everyone needs more then one game to play or you will go out of your mind.

EDIT: I haven't played the boosters for awhile so I can't tell you if they are still alive, but I can tell you that I enjoyed playing them.

Comment

Deluxe (BF2+SF) thats fun and still many servers play them. SF has some great maps like warloard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicchetti View Post
              I would say yea its still a great game. I still play it some times, but be warned once you play it, and then come back to 2142 you will suck.
              my mates dont beleive me when i say "im better at 2142 than BF2" it gets so annoying.

Comment

You can do some magic with game-monitor to estimate the popularity.

BF2: Total Players/Max: 26,553 / 165,511, 5000+ servers
                BF2: SF Total Players/Max: 1,917 / 9,336, 300 servers
                BF2: Euro Forces Total Players/Max: 78 / 2,131, 60 servers

They seem to have ignored Armored Fury.

You will have plenty of content with BF2 and SF anyway, not to mention several free mods.

Comment

BF2 and SF are both very worth the purchase. The booster packs are meh. EU looks boring, and Armored Fury looks kinda fun. BF2 is harder than 2142 though, so watch out.

Comment

I think I'll get Deluxe cause of the free unlocks. (you do get 2 unlocks per promotion with SF right)

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                      I think I'll get Deluxe cause of the free unlocks. (you do get 2 unlocks per promotion with SF right)
                      That is correct.

Comment

Can they be used interchangeably like NS/regular unlocks like in NS or what?

Comment

Can they be used interchangeably like NS/regular unlocks like in NS or what?
                          Yes, you basically pay to have twice the amount of unlocks
                          As far as I recall you just get two points per rank instead of one, there is no special SF-Unlock-points.

But ranks come hard in BF2, so do some research before unlocking anything.

Comment

Just got BF2 and SF for $30!

So if I want to switch between SF and Vanilla I'll have to change CDs and reboot?

Comment

Just got BF2 and SF for $30!

So if I want to switch between SF and Vanilla I'll have to change CDs and reboot?
                              No you need the basic CD for both, just a different .exe

Comment

Working...
                              X