Baur, why can't I use this gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baur, why can't I use this gun?

So, I got the baur a while back and I absolutly cannot use this piece of crap, I'm trying to get a single kill medium range and completly missing with this thing and meanwhile I'm getting picked off by people from distances I pick others off with a sniper! Why is this? Is there some sort of technique of using this gun or am I just incredibally unlucky with my shots?

small bursts of fire in short-Close quarter combat
    single in anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Timmmmmy View Post
      small bursts of fire in short-Close quarter combat
      single in anything else
      Even then it seems like I always miss, and even if I do manage to hit them a couple of times (and by a couple I mean alot) I still get taken out, usually by the Voss.

Comment

Scar11 or the Krylov FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Rogu3granny View Post
          Scar11 or the Krylov FTW
          glad you could help....

Use single shot, and when you start feeling confident with it you can start using full auto a bit more.

Comment

First tip: dont get discouraged.

This is definately a gun that has a steep learning curve. Its mostly familiarity. Heck I use this gun all the time and i even manage to use full auto at Medium range. The point is to practice. There really is no right or wrong way to use this gun.

Also, being able to tell when the recoil has settled it a good trick. Did that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Strike1.Tango View Post
              glad you could help.....
              Okay here is my help don't use it, if you run around a corner and are confronted by 3 or 4 of the enemy you have a better chance of wiping them out with a Voss, scar, or krylov. I don't rate the Baur at all the recoil is just to much.

As has already been said if it's the Buar in close quarter use in auto, long range single fire and always try to make your first shot a headshot.

Comment

I think one of the best ways to use the Baur, is to crouch, zoom and shoot bursts of 2/3 shots. For me that works a lot better than shooting bursts while standing (the bullets after the first bullet seem to disappear completely... at least they don't hit the target). You should try it in singleplayer, it really works.

Comment

Originally posted by notume0 View Post
                  Even then it seems like I always miss, and even if I do manage to hit them a couple of times (and by a couple I mean alot) I still get taken out, usually by the Voss.
                  could be lag?

Comment

Scar11 or the Krylov FTW
                    QFT

Comment

read the myriad of threads about using the baur... there's enough to write a novel on this...

Comment

Except many people can't get the hang of it yet..like me lol, really need to practice :P But yeah, just try using single shot first, i've been getting better results with that than a burst right now

Comment

To the guy who said the Voss or Krylov have a better chance of killing 3 people around a corner... if you killed 3 people around a corner regularly with anything other than a grenade you play with crappy players. But anyways... I get no less than 3 kills per clip with my Baur 80% of the time, at all functional ranges.

I say this every Baur complaining thread:

You can 2 - 4 shot burst the Baur at all ranges you can use an AR effectively, but single-shot is far deadlier than burst fire (think precise, rapid head shot machine) at certain ranges or in certain circumstances. 4 torso shots is a kill, 1 headshot and 1 shot anywhere else after is a kill, which is the least required of any AR. It is much easier to learn the Voss or Krylov, but if you become skilled with the Baur, you'll find yourself in a unique niche of assaulter/designated marksman that is very difficult to counter effectively. A good Baur shooter will play his DMR role and end lives at a frightening rate, but can also rush a flag and still hold his/her own. You have less shots in your clip than the other AR's and this is the only reason you're at a disadvantage in close quarters at all. The minimum shots I allow in my clip is 7, as this is 1 - 2 kills for me -- I will reload if the coast is clear. I recommend not reloading, since you are new to the gun, until you drop below 9 rounds.

Important for Baur practice:
                          1. Recoil control (pulling your mouse down to compensate for rise and "wiggling" it inward to compensate for shake)
                          2. Ammo preservation (know how much ammo you should have going into a certain chokepoint)
                          3. Positioning and timing (A Baur in a good spot firing while his/her squad is assaulting an objective can clear out flags and bases in terrifyingly quick manner -- you can pick off proned LMG/HMG'ers, and time snipers' rounds so that you can outshoot even them at range.)

Practice your Baur and you will be a death machine. But, it takes time... that Baur takes a lot of using and a lot of trial and error.

Comment

srfbhsiurvsuiebnf;augf'aihdf89r2y3589624857-12390ur90quwer87Q378968^)&^*(^&

use search there are millions of threads on "OMG BAUR IS JUNK IT DONT WORK HELPZZZ!!!!!!!111111111111111111111!!!!!!!oneoneon e111"

YES.

baur is the hardest gun to master!

it takes skill to fire 5-10 shots without spinning around like a fan O.o

when u fire ADJUST the mouse the recoil goes up and right so...

pull the mouse down and left SLIGHTLY and by then time u get ure 3-4th shot the person should be dead

as for single shots single shot med to long range AIM for head like every other time u shoot at some one if there uplose full auto can still kill if u handle the recoil

there are plenty of times iv went face to face with a vosser, (the good ones) and weve taken lumps put each other, and wnen we get upclose many expect a single shot from the baur so they tend to jump more so its harder to hit with single shot so u get the wtf damm after u unload 5 shots into them and they fly away

imo and any1 that plays with me will know the baur is the best gun it takes time to adjust to it especially if u used to use the voss (like i did till i was like ehhh nooby and threw it away) unfortunatly your K : D will prob suffer if u go straight to baur and only baur you will prob loose alota 1 v 1 battles until u practise like it, or do what i did and slowly progressed with it using it when i felt confident i could kill, i used to voss whore (so ashamed) and got alot kills in a short time then stopped so i could get other badges, and now i nearly got more baur kills and time with the baur =)

Comment

Scar11 or the Krylov FTW
                              master the baur then use the krylov. u will be unstoppable. really.

Comment

Working...
                              X