Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people was titan mode designed for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people was titan mode designed for?

One question I've been wondering about ever since I got this game, and I'm surprised I haven't seen any topics on it before, is how many people the titan maps are designed for. If it is 16 or 64 players, the amount of silos, vehicles, consoles and titan guns remains the same.

On small servers two guys can destroy a reactor on their own, while on a large server there will be two guys manning each titan gun and people will never make it to the second console.

How come the developers never made different map sizes and how many people is the ideal number for titan mode?

48 or 46

Comment

Isn't 48 players the max for Titan maps?
      I think DICE was forced to set it to that due to bad performance.

As for the ideal map size, I think most maps play best with around 32 players, regardless of game mode.

Comment

no just bout 15 minutes ago i saw some 64 player titan servers

Comment

Originally posted by james_1991-fight View Post
          no just bout 15 minutes ago i saw some 64 player titan servers
          I am sure that I saw 48 players somewhere, but maybe it was just a recommendation?

In a 64 player Titan you must be talking about fph, not fps

Comment

They recommend 48 players for good performance. I like 32 players on titan. 64 players is just carnage!!

Comment

You can have a 64 man Titan server but titan movment can't be turned on. With 48 players Titan movement can still be enabled but most servers turn it off so that you don't have commanders parking them right next to each other with noobs shooting the AA at the other shields turning the game into a slide show.

Comment

48 max.

Comment

I've never been on a 64-man titan server that had acceptable performance. 48 player works very well - especially if the titans don't move.

Comment

48 is recommended i think, but i see 64 player servers all the time, hell, i play on them all the time.

And 193d dcat1, 64 players always works fine for me.

Comment

48 players is the recommended server size and the max supported player number. You can make it go to 64 players but dice will not offer any support for servers of such player amounts.

Though I don't see how titan mode could have been designed for anymore than 16 players. Either that or they though that bottlenecking everything on the titan was going to be an easy obstacle to overcome =/

Comment

MY computer can't even hold a 32-player titan, so I'm going to have to say a 0 player titan would work REALLY well for me.

But I'm getting it a new computer soon so I'll be able to play at least a 48-player titan map.

Comment

I can play 64 player titan maps no problem, the only server that I play titan on is 64 players and the titans are locked in place, no problem for me. I personally hate getting spammed by an overzealous titan gunner on my own side.
                          My only question is... when was the last time one of you personally killed the titan core?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverDragon View Post
                            My only question is... when was the last time one of you personally killed the titan core?
                            29/10/06, when I got my Silver Titan Destruction Achievement Badge
                            I don't really bother with the consoles/core any more, there is always someone willing to RDX it and whoever may be in the vicinity.
                            It is much more useful to secure the core/corridor.

Comment

the titan was designed for as many as your computer can handle. my computer can only handle 20 player servers. some can handle as many as 32 or 64 i guess. dice obviously didnt optimize them properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X