Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the Baur have a full-auto mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the Baur have a full-auto mode?

In reality, it should be called a 'use 20 bullets and maybe get one kill out of it all' mode. I realise that unless I'm right in someone's face I should never go full auto (which I've done and they still take half a clip or more to go down), but is there even a point to bursting this gun? I've tried two-round bursts, but the second shot always misses, even at closer ranges (<40m). I can kill a guy in four single-shots, or four two-round bursts. It's almost as if the second bullet just disintegrates before it even reaches the barrel. Of course, the bonus is that with only 20 rounds you cannot afford to miss, and yet the Baur seems to enjoy doing just that.

So is there ever a point to doing anything other than single-shot with this weapon? I've used it a fair amount (around 1800 kills total between all my accounts) but I've just wondered if there's a big secret I'm missing, besides leaving it on single-shot all the time. The Herzog bails me out of close-quarters battles, luckily, since it usually takes one Baur clip to off someone if I have to use anything other than single-shot...

~Wolfgang

Yeah..I've been having the same problem with bursting, I think we should drag the mouse down while shooting to compensate for this.

Comment

Yeah, I already do that, it just seems like the second bullet (and third, and so forth) just disappears, or never exists in the first place. Maybe there's a hole in the bottom of the Baur where the bullets are falling out. Anyone got any bubble gum?

~Wolfgang

Comment

they should reduce the deviation/recoil of the baur, they are already making the Clark a full automatic 1 shot kill noob cannon from 100m, heck why not give some love the Recon kit as well, NO weapons have been buffed from the recon kit.

Comment

I've found that if you're right handed, your shots on full auto spray mode will tend to go in a northeasterly direction without compensation. This could actually be the in game mechanic but it's hard to completely remove the effects of your mouse while testing spray short of using the keyboard to fire.

So... to counter recoil, one might want to consider moving the hand in a south-southwesterly direction. I rarely miss my 3 shot bursts when compensating as such; start at the chest, 'pull the trigger' for a 3 round burst, pull the mouse in a slightly southwestern direction. At least 2 of the shots will land; reset and do another burst if required.

Scope (and crouch, if possible) or you lose. The Baur's out-of-scope recoil is ridiculous.

Click here for Baur recoil in action

Comment

it has a full-auto mode so that you can quickly damage titan consoles. That's about it.

Comment

crouch and very short and fast bursts. start your first burst around the upper middle of the chest the next burst the same. It takes time to get use to. No more then three shots per burst

Comment

Some people prefer to burst with it.
                It wouldn't really be a assault rifle if it had only single shot.
                Its just an option, choose which setting you like.

But I do wish that it would remember your last setting when you spawn again

Comment

hmmm.from what yraen said..sounds like the AK47 of CS...anyways, I'm using it in singleshot almost all the time.

Comment

yup, after playing over 280 hours, i've handled a few weapons ()
                    and i must say that if you really want to play assault with the bauer, you have to crouch + zoom + burst to really get everything out of this little piece of technology, if you're not in the mood to always do this when approaching enemies, then don't play as an assault
                    my 'tip' for playing with every assault weapon (except or the PAC krylov, cause it's so spammy and overpowered) is to ALWAYS crouch and zoom while entering hostile territory, unless you want to get ... you know what :dead:

Comment

The only use for full auto with a Baur is up close.

Even then it seems to be lacking. I find myself firing at least 10 bullets (all of which hit) to drop a target. Like someone said earlier, where the **** are the bullets going?

Comment

You guys don't always drag down slightly to compensate for recoil? Man, I thought that was something everyone learnt to do back when games first started introducing recoil.

If you compensate for the recoil, burst firing with the Baur is devastating as long as you restrict it to just two or three shots per burst. I can and have quite easily taken out threes of guys moving around together by doing this from a moderate distance. Before they can react I've gotten off multiple bursts towards their heads and dropped them all.

The further away you get, the more vital compensating for recoil becomes. Anyone who hasn't yet developed this skill absolutely should do so to enjoy huge success with the Baur. I suspect most Baur leaderboard rapists do this.

Comment

First of all, the Baur is my favourite weapon and I use it almost everytime I play assault nowadays. I've noticed that it takes fewer bullets than what you might think to take down an enemy. Like one time in titan mode when I was defending our titan, I could "easily" take out 5 enemies coming straight at me with one clip. How? I simply let go of about 4 bullets in one shot, aiming at their stumach. Due to the recoil, the bullets will go:

Stumach - Neck - Head - Dead Guy

It's pretty hard but not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunien View Post
                            hmmm.from what yraen said..sounds like the AK47 of CS...anyways, I'm using it in singleshot almost all the time.
                            Actually, yeah. Course the AK also has the headshot KO that the Baur does not, but the same idea works; if you start around the stomach/chest and burst, your target should die within 3 rounds.

Comment

I always found auto- 2 burst killed faster, single mode always seemed to constrain me to shoot slowly, and ergo, kill slowly.

but what can i say that hasnt already been stated? aim at torso, tap, wait repeat. maybe after time a natural adjustment occurs in the recoil? i know i dont feel sniper recoil no more.

Comment

Working...
                              X