Uncle sam texture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle sam texture.

Anyone have this problem? Not sure what I am doing wrong. I think it is my undergrowth (grass?). Also when I tried to paint some mud, the texture shows up in the editor and ingame all RAINBOW colors. HELP!

I think the Uncle Sam is used when there's no texture. Are all your textures and stuff in the right places, etc.?

Comment

go to bfeditor.com or something and search for leviathans solution for the editor it includes everything you need for it and its easier too.

Comment

www.bfeditor.org is no more The site was gone when I checked 2 days ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Jameslcfc View Post
          www.bfeditor.org is no more The site was gone when I checked 2 days ago...
          Works fine for me. Maybe BFEditor is having server problems?

Comment

bfeditor seems to randomly go down. Someone posted yesterday that they shut down for good but it was just another period of downtime. I checked a few hours later and it was back up.

Comment

The BFEditor website is switching hosts... current host sucks... The site is working now...
              and the texture thing is when the texture is not where the game is looking for it... Uncle Sam is default... did you use a custom texture or move any textures? There are only 2 color textures available... the asphalt texture is good... the mountain texture is messed up... gives you the rainbow colors... you can just hit the blue plus sign above where you pick the color texture and import one of your own... 512x512 .dds... dxt1 (you can use a detail texture map from 2142 or a detail or colormap from bf2...) CB

Comment

Thanks for the heads up and the help. Im going to fix this tonight!

*EDIT* ok it is fixed but somehow in doing so I have the surrounding terrain spikes of doom. Only on one side no big deal I will manually edit them or do it it shop if i can remember how, Thanks alot CB.

Comment

what do you mean with spikes of doom? did you selected the random tool and clicked accidental?

Comment

Nope don't think so. They just showed up after I fixed my texture problem. It's all good I remember how to fix them.

Comment

sometimes the spikes happen... you can make another map the same size and use the surrounding terrain files... tx_s0 through tx_s7 or u can open the surrounding terrain files in PS and paint over the spikes with a brush set on 85 on the greyscale...

Comment

Originally posted by [TUF]Catbox View Post
                        sometimes the spikes happen... you can make another map the same size and use the surrounding terrain files... tx_s0 through tx_s7 or u can open the surrounding terrain files in PS and paint over the spikes with a brush set on 85 on the greyscale...
                        Thanks alot. Going to try it out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                        X