does AA affect the gameplay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does AA affect the gameplay?

please forgive me for asking but does aa affect the gameplay in any way if its turned to 4?

i can put my nvidia card to 8 so will that have any affect also??

regards

AA heavily increases the workload of your graphics card. High levels of AA should only be used when you have a high-end graphics card.

The memory interface of the graphics card influences the level of AA you can run. Cards with a 64bit or 128bit interface shouldnt realy have AA switched on (in my opinion). Cards with a memory interface of 256bit or higher should easily handle 2XAA, maybe even 4XAA without seeing a major drop in FPS.

A general rule is the higher the AA the less frames per second you will get. Find a nice ballance between eye candy and FPS

Comment

o ok lol erm.... i got 7800 gtx so u guess it should be ok?? do i put the game aa up and leave the card or put the card to 8 and leave the game aa off??

sorry lol:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx View Post
        o ok lol erm.... i got 7800 gtx so u guess it should be ok?? do i put the game aa up and leave the card or put the card to 8 and leave the game aa off??

sorry lol:laugh:
        Leave the driver one to "application controlled" and adjust it inside the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Strike1.Tango View Post
          Leave the driver one to "application controlled" and adjust it inside the game.
          Agreed.

I have a 7800GTX and would never set it higher than 4X.

Comment

Working...
          X