SAWW or H-AVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAWW or H-AVR

Wich one of Thease two eapons would you recomend (SAAW H-VAR). Im more interested in killing power, now I know the H-VAR can lock onto air and what not but how often do you actualy take down an air target, and can you take out titnan guns with the H-VAR. I mainly play titan mode and usally like to detroy titan guns and cap silos. The mines seem like they would come in handy, but it dosnt seem like the H-VAR would be able to take out ground armor. Well I would just like to know what you vett engineers think.

Pillum is kickass weapon, enemies don't hear you (well, not hear the lockon), travels fast. Titan guns are easy to take down, and you can just zoom in, fire, run for cover, reload, go back and fire, etc, all fast. The SAAW is great if there's an annoying pilot you wanna take out, but I rarely use it, i've killed more gunships using a tank's main cannon than using the saaw.

Comment

Pillum definitely

Comment

pilum.

Comment

The H-VAR is absolutly disigned to take out any armor. No question about it. It fires quick, flies fast and cannot be detected when its headed your way. It's deadly. If it was more accurate, it would be a stupid, kill-em-all, God weapon.

However, IMO, motions mines along with their buddy, mmb's, are key and one of the coolest features in this game. You'll want them. (Just be clever where you place them....unless you're trying to completly block an enterance.)

The SAAW....well it's an AA weapon and it's good at what it's designed for but it's an unlock I use it when I'm in the mood. Not so much. Thing is, you're gonna need it if you want the expanded SMG clips. (Northern Strike)

So with all that being said, turns out, I load out (99.9% of the time) with the stock Mitchell or my fav, the Sudnik. I simply like to guide my fire and I've learned to use it without the scope. I've also downed many a gunship after they've made short work of my tank. Not to mention I can snipe with it... For some reason, people tend freeze when they see it comming.

Really the Pilum is great and the fact that it does'nt give off a lock-on signal is huge. However, I've learned to deal with that using the stock weapon by either not scoping my target or simply getting them to put their shields up early. Also one key thing a lot of people fail to mention is that you can hear the Pilum round comming at you and if you're quick, you'll be able to get your shields up in time....

So, hehe, pick a winner. But I say without a doubt, get those motion mines. :salute:

Comment

And the SAAW is pretty useless in city maps unless you want to kill infantry with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
              pilum.

Um sorry for the noob question but what is the pilum?

Comment

The H-AVR.

Comment

Cool thanks for the help.

Comment

pilum ftw

Comment

The Pilum H-AVR does extra damage to soft spots, doesn't give a warning signal to the enemy driver, and can fire more quickly since you don't have to wait for the projectile to connect before you reload. It's great for ambushing vehicles at closer ranges.

I haven't unlocked the SAAW and have yet to pick one up off a fallen soldier, so I can't comment on its effectiveness. Of course, it's useless on maps without aircraft (unless, I suppose, you're really good at hitting infantry with it).

Comment

Originally posted by Stemnin View Post
                        i've killed more gunships using a tank's main cannon than using the saaw.
                        Ditto... although I've found it useful at backing off air assests. Two hits to take down a gunship so hit 'em once and watch them run for a repair when they go from full to 1/2 armor.

Comment

Without a doubt, the Pilum H-AVR (that's Heavy Anti-Vehicle Rifle). It's the first of the primary weapons that I unlocked, and I've never regretted it. It requires a bit of skill, and you really want to be standing still or kneeling when firing it at long range, but it's a great advantage. That's not to say the default guided anti-armor weapon's bad-- the guided weapons have their strong advantages, but Pilum is excellent for fire-and-move/fire-and-take-cover activity, when that walker is bearing down on your position.

Remember to lead your shots-- Pilum has a slowish but predictable flight. Aim for the back end of tanks. Pilum doesn't always take out a FAV instantly, but if the driver or gunner doesn't hop out quick, he's gonna need a medic. The Hachimoto (NorStrike hovering speeder) can survive, barely, a Pilum hit. So in both cases, you get out of the way instead of banking on the Pilum to take out the vehicle before you get run down. It's embarrassing being run down while holding a loaded Pilum. There ought to be an anti-medal for it, really.

Don't count on Pilum for anti-infantry except at very close range; it's splash damage won't give you a kill, but if you're at 10 meters or less with no health to speak of, shoot the other guy in the chest with the Pilum and the other guy-- well, let's just say that the only thing keeping him in one piece is the T-for-Teen rating. He *might* know what hit him, but he'll definitely have 15 seconds to think about it.

I have used SAAW-- I didn't unlock it, but I have the rest of that tree and I sometimes use a field unlock on it-- primarily when you've got a bunch of flyboys keeping the pressure on and the usual AA is well-supressed, get yourself in someplace unexpected and show the pilots that the minimum safe altitude is much higher than they thought it would be.

If possible, download the "all unlocks" mod and practice with this thing, because it's not exactly fire and forget.

Comment

i actually unlocked the saww first, blow gunships and transports out the sky all day. its very effective. but i find the pilum has more uses.

Comment

Pilum, because every other Anti-Tank weapon has freakishly slow projectiles.

SAAW if you intend to do a lot of Anti-Air. And I mean A LOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X