Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anything out there to help tweak this game??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything out there to help tweak this game??

i am having performance issues. i reformatted my system..set bf242 back to exactly where it was..got all the pb garbage sorted out so i could just play. and now i am seeing horrible frame rates. My fps are dropping to 15 and it looks like a slide show. i have tried setting my fps lock to 150..and it doen't seem to help..i have played with other settings and .very little impact.

is there anything out there besides that "tweak guide" i have read to help this game run better.

2 gigs ram
    7800 gs oc agp card
    amd 64 3400+ proc...754 socket
    i run my system with nothing in the background..no a/v or firewall except for ventrilo every now and then.

when i first got this game i was playing it very smoothly. same settings.:cry:

Originally posted by {CuF}crazycanuck View Post
    i am having performance issues. i reformatted my system..set bf242 back to exactly where it was..got all the pb garbage sorted out so i could just play. and now i am seeing horrible frame rates. My fps are dropping to 15 and it looks like a slide show. i have tried setting my fps lock to 150..and it doen't seem to help..i have played with other settings and .very little impact.

is there anything out there besides that "tweak guide" i have read to help this game run better.
    Is it this tweak guide we are talking about:

Because I don't think you will find anything better than that.
    2 gigs ram
    7800 gs oc agp card
    amd 64 3400+ proc...754 socket
    i run my system with nothing in the background..no a/v or firewall except for ventrilo every now and then.

when i first got this game i was playing it very smoothly. same settings.:cry:
    No firewall and A/V? Are you sure thats not the cause of your problems?
    When you say "reformat", are we literally talking a wiped disk and a clean windows install?

It would also be relevant whether you lag in offline play too?

Comment

holy snap, thats a beefy system for vid lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
        Is it this tweak guide we are talking about:

Because I don't think you will find anything better than that.

No firewall and A/V? Are you sure thats not the cause of your problems?
        When you say "reformat", are we literally talking a wiped disk and a clean windows install?

It would also be relevant whether you lag in offline play too?
        As for firewall and A/V i have always been told that the less i allow to run in the background the more processor cycles i open up for graphics intensive games to feed the GPU. So i don't think....its that..hope...think..hmmmm..

and as for reformatting..yes this time i zero wiped the hd with three passes random 0's and 1's and then resinstalled everything...When i first got the game i was running on 1280x764 res..and high settings and the game ran smoothly..very little lag,,,now i have to run at medium settings just to crawl over 45 fps average and nothing has changed that i can tell.

lag during offline play?? i'll have to check that out and see.

I'll peek at that tweak guide,,,thank-you for that..and see what it says.

Comment

As for firewall and A/V i have always been told that the less i allow to run in the background the more processor cycles i open up for graphics intensive games to feed the GPU. So i don't think....its that..hope...think..hmmmm..
          True, until you pick up a virus.
          Try running 3Dmark with the Firewall / AV disabled, and then with them running.
          For me the difference was negligible.

But a complete reinstall will have killed any viruses.

Comment

Working...
          X