Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micrsoft Vista Patch That FIXES Titan Crash!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micrsoft Vista Patch That FIXES Titan Crash!!!

I found this yesterday over at the nvnews.net forums. I have never been able to play more than one Titan map without some sort of memory crash. After this patch and the new 163.16 drivers (found them there as well), I played 4 Titan maps in a row last night without a single glitch, hitch, lockup or crash. I plan on testing it more this afternoon (and by testing I mean playing a whole bunch!!!), but initially it seems fixed. Please, try this and post feedback and hope this is the holy grail of Vista fixes for us!!!

Link to Vista 64bit patch:

Link to Vista 32bit patch:

Shawn

Thread to get the 163.16 betas.

Didnt work for me crashed after first titan round

Comment

Didn't work here either, crashed on the first round I tried.

Comment

Hmmm, that stinks. I've played about 15 Titan rounds since I have installed that patch and the 163.16's and still have yet to have a single crash. Wonder why it seems to be working for me? I also installed 2 other beta Microsoft patches a few days before, although they, on their own, did not fix it, but maybe it is a combonation of all of them?

Above is a link to the thread that discusses the other two patches. One of them, though (it is described in the thread), will make you have to disable unsigned drivers with F8 at every boot up. But, with the combonation of these three patched and the newest beta nVidia drivers, I can play Titan maps all night long.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by verncat05 View Post
          but maybe it is a combonation of all of them?

Hmm, I only have KB940105 installed which is supposed to sort the graphics memory in program memory space issue. But the ones listed there apparently also fix memory management issues. All of them or a certain combination may indeed be required.

Comment

Actually, I tried it with the beta drivers from nvidia...and it works fine. Played about 6 titan rounds with no problem. Thanks for that. However, I now get some serious stutter and lag. But thanks for the fix though

cheers
            dex

Comment

I have been playing Titan maps exclussively since posting this thread and have yet to have a hang up. I have noticed, though, that I get a 3-4 second stutter within the first 5 seconds of each Titan round. After that, it is smooth as butter.

I'm glad the beta nForce drivers helped, I would recommend the hotfixes as well. I also read the MS has officially released the first two, so they are no longer beta.

Shawn

Comment

Working...
              X