game feezing mid way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game feezing mid way

anyone else's game freezing during a game......

mines happened 5 times in an hour????

anyone know what may be wrong?

ok its just happened again for the 6th time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not the radial.cdb thing as i changed that months ago and ive updated punbuster....any help???????????

my game usually just closes itself mid-round. no error, nothing but nothingness. sorry i can't help, hopefully someone else can?

Comment

its pissing me off big time.. just happened for the 7th time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna leave it and try it later on now... if it does it later on then sod it..

fed up with problem after problem.. all my other games work fine lol

Comment

hey mate, only just seen your buddy messages.

I did have a problem with my game a couple of months ago, i would play ok then after a mon or so, my FPS would hit rock bottom, then my game would freeze, i had to turn my comp off to fix it, it done this every round, and if it didn't it would crash on the load up screen instead.

I re-installed my game and it actually started working ok again, i recommend doing that, and see whats happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
          hey mate, only just seen your buddy messages.

I did have a problem with my game a couple of months ago, i would play ok then after a mon or so, my FPS would hit rock bottom, then my game would freeze, i had to turn my comp off to fix it, it done this every round, and if it didn't it would crash on the load up screen instead.

I re-installed my game and it actually started working ok again, i recommend doing that, and see whats happens.
          I had the exact same problem, i remember we both had the same problem at the same time. I've had this 5/6 times all together and every time it's fixed itself. you've just gotta be patient.

Not saying it'll be the same for everyone, but thats what works for me.

Comment

im gonna try and see if it works again before i uninstall it. If i do this will it delete everything like my account etc and will i have to reinstall punkbuster again??

sorry for bein such a *******:shakehead:

Comment

If you re-install it you wont lose anything mate, you can keep all your ss and profiles etc

Comment

when this happened to me, my video card was overheating. get more fans or do what i did and slap a house fan in there.

Comment

Hi m8e, try deleting the cache before you reinstall the game, its easy to do so worth ago.

My Documents\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\cache

If that doesn't work..

1. uninstall bf2142
                  2. install bf2142
                  3. install 1.20 update
                  4. install northern strike
                  5. install 1.25 update
                  6. run the punkbuster update (I do a manual one after a reinstall)

After reinstall, just login and all your details will be there.

Comment

ok il give all this a go tomorrow... just seems such a pain in the arse. just had two good rounds then froze again inbetween a fight.

cheers for all the help guys i appreciate it.

would it help to cool it down if i took the casing off the side of the tower?

Comment

It may help with cooling, but you tend to get more dust in there which blocks the fans even more. If you get gfx over heating you normaly get strange colours and shapes before it will lockup or freeze. What happens, does it just lock up, CTD? If it were a net connection issue you would expect a connection to the server has been lost and get kicked back to the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by mixon View Post
                        It may help with cooling, but you tend to get more dust in there which blocks the fans even more. If you get gfx over heating you normaly get strange colours and shapes before it will lockup or freeze. What happens, does it just lock up, CTD? If it were a net connection issue you would expect a connection to the server has been lost and get kicked back to the menu.
                        yeah sometines i play rounds and get some funny flickers of colours and lines etc but it all ran fine up till today?

il try what you said tomorrow when i finish work and go from there. if it does it again il take apart the case and have a look inside, clean fans of dust etc and leave a side of the case off if possible to get more air to it

il keep you up to date when ive tried it:salute:

Comment

Seen you online tonight, how did you get on? Mine started freezing on NS tonight...is that the radial.cdb thing you mentioned above?

Comment

my Bf has started freezing suddenly aswell, its the only game that does it, it really might be a heating issue, bit i dont get any colour disortions or anything while playing, it just locks up, and it seems strange it would start so suddenly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brood+98 View Post
                              my Bf has started freezing suddenly aswell, its the only game that does it, it really might be a heating issue, bit i dont get any colour disortions or anything while playing, it just locks up, and it seems strange it would start so suddenly.
                              its not overheating, its your radial.cdb file getting corrupted. deleting this file will solve your problem for a day or 2.

as mentioned at lots of other places at this forum, locate your radial.cdb file and delete it.

i also would like to say, screw you Dice for developping this severe buggy software. its always something thats not working, even though they developped this engine 3 years ago they still dont get it to work. this was the first and last piece of crapware i bought from you guys. not that you will actualy care, but i needed to get this of my chest. Bunch of amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                              X