BF2142 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 problem

hello and i've just had some major problems With BF2142 over the Past week, it has been freezing each time i try to load a map in the original game or any mod, i've tryied everything to fix this, i have uninstallled the game and re installed it, removed all the mods from the game, did a system restore. and yet nothing.. can anyone give inight into this problem?

update punkbuster.

Comment

that wasnt it.. still freezes

Comment

Maybe drivers?
        Did anything at all change before the problems began?
        New software, a windows update, dead rat found in the computer?

Comment

Is it freezing just over halfway? i only say this because i had a freezing problem when loading maps and it turned out it was due to some file in my directory called radial something, i renamed it (oradial or something) and that fixed it.

Not saying that will definitely work but go to your 2142 directory in program files or wherever you put it and click Tools/folder options/View and then scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide protected operating system files" and that should show the file, dont worry, renaming it wont mess anything up, should just make your game work.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
            Is it freezing just over halfway? i only say this because i had a freezing problem when loading maps and it turned out it was due to some file in my directory called radial something, i renamed it (oradial or something) and that fixed it.

Not saying that will definitely work but go to your 2142 directory in program files or wherever you put it and click Tools/folder options/View and then scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide protected operating system files" and that should show the file, dont worry, renaming it wont mess anything up, should just make your game work.

Hope that helps
            that is exactly it thankyou i hope this works

{edit} IT WORKED!!!! THANKYOUY SOOO MUCH!

Comment

your welcome

Comment

Working...
              X