Annoying Stutter/Lagg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Stutter/Lagg

Ever since I bought BF2142 I have been bothered with some annoying stuttering/lagg during gameplay. It occurs quite frequently, about 1-2 times per round. By stuttering I mean, really choppy gameplay. Fraps is telling me I'm at around 45-60 FPS, but it feels more like 4-5. This only happens during online gameplay, on singleplayer it's stable as a rock. The stuttering happens around 1-2 min after I join a server and lasts for anything between 3-5 minutes. After that, everything is smooth. Until the next round, where it starts to stutter for another 3-5 minutes. At first I suspected the overclock to be the culprit, so I restored all the clocks back to stock. No difference. I checked through DSL reports in my line quality and it seemed fine (3000/512 dsl). I've also tried to set all graphic settings to low and it yielded no difference. Sure the FPS went higher, but still I suffered stuttering. I checked the firewall and all the required ports were open, antivirus disabled. Defragged the whole thing and renewed the game cache. So I wondered if anyone here have experienced the same thing and if possible how they resolved it. Thanks in advance and pardon my crappy english. I'm Korean/Norwegian.

My crappy specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo@ 2ghz (T7200)
    2048mb DDR2 667mhz
    Geforce 7900GS 256mb DDR3@550/600
    160gb HD@5400 rpm
    Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
    Sigmatel crapzor onboard soundcard

Think that is the relevant information.

Yeah I'm getting the same problem with similar specs, would love some help

Comment

Yep me too. Hopefully new patch will correct this

Comment

I don't know where the problem lays, but it's not in your computer.
        Playing Titan is a complete disaster, especially when the titans are parked next to each other, and it is often quite laggy on some conquest servers too.
        Playing on smaller servers is the best tip I can give you.

Comment

I had the same problem last night on a 32 player server in Camp Gibraltar. Every now and then the problem would return but I am not sure why. Could it be the fact that we had some people playing on the server with a ping of more than 300? ...not sure.

Comment

I have same problem and i run dual core sli with 2 x 7950gt`s..So anoying when your just about to take out enemy gunship then it freezes for a second or 3.

Comment

Ive got a dual core and a 7900GTX and 2.5 gigs of ram, i dont get any titan lag, but every so often it will stutter slightly like you said, not to the extremes some of you are having tho.

Comment

Just saying, I'm getting this problem too and have done since getting the game. I'm using:

GeForce 8800 GTX
                Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
                2GB of DDRAM
                X-Fi XtremeGamer

I'm noticing a bit of a pattern with the GeForce cards here. For those who don't experience this, it basically feels like you're running at a fraction of the fps you've actually got; if I bring up the fps viewer while playing, it never drops below 60.

I've not really experimented with fixing it much as it tends to go away after a minute or so; it also only starts after I've been playing for a while. This kind of slowdown (no fps drop) is something I normally associate with the hardware choking on textures, but this hardware is more than adequate for handling maximum texture detail. Still, could be worth changing them to medium if anyone has time to experiment.

Hopefully the patch will fix it, or someone else has a remedy. Otherwise I will cry.

Comment

I have similar problems...but then when I have them, everyone is lagging too, so I chalk it down to server problems

Comment

I've got similar issues and only with Titan mode. The only way that I can describe it is that sometimes during a long round, looking at a specific direction will cause immense frame loss. I'm talking from 80 all the way down to 3 fps. It doesn't matter whether the direction you look in is filled with explosions and junk or just plain, empty space. Only happens online too.

Comment

Coming from the "out there" department, I updated PunkBuster last night (since BF2142 conveniently doesn't do it automatically) and managed to play for a few hours without experiencing the stuttering once.

It might be unrelated (since I've had a few games before without it occurring), but it could just as easily be a fix as it was another thread about this stuttering on these forums that pointed me towards updating PunkBuster in the first place.

If I get it again I'll let you know. It's so easy and quick to update PunkBuster though so there's no real reason not to do it; like any program, patches are released that fix bugs.

Still getting my weird mouse lag problem though when I turn quickly. Seems to stick.

Comment

I always figured the lag at the beginning of a round had to do with the server loading the game. try it on a 16 player map and you will see the difference. also, that would explain why the more resource intense titan mode lags at the beginning while conquest doesnt.

Comment

Ah, forgot about this thread.

Contrary to my original observations, the PunkBuster fix didn't help at all.

Comment

I think that's just problems with the game itself, mine's does taht every new map.

Originally posted by Basejeger_Lee View Post
                            Thanks in advance and pardon my crappy english. I'm Korean/Norwegian.
                            There weren't any problems with your english. :nod:

BTW, that's an interesting mix. You from Korea or Norway?

Comment

Working...
                            X