X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid CD Key

BF2142.

EALink.

I have done almost everything imaginable short of reformating to try and fix my "Invalid Cd Key" problem. I have used my "cd key" (I use quotes since I bought it on EAlink, its not really a CD key, its a serial), my "cd key" with x92492492492whatever, my CD key all encrypted with some BF2142 program, you name it.

I could play the game just fine, then poof, it stopped working a while back. I recently reinstalled the whole package (Ealink, BF2142, all patches to 1.25) and voila! Invalid CD Key.

Whenever I try to join a server, I get the error PLUS my cd key in the registry is overwritten with "x9392"

If I join without x9392 tag, the same thing happens. And so on and so on. You name it, it overwrites it to "x9392" and nothing else.

Someone help me out here. Cant I lock BF2142 from touching that specific key? Write access, I mean. Obviously it has to read it, but cant I lock it out from writing it over?

Anyone have any solutions at all?

create a new windows user account with a password.
    reboot
    login to the new user account, play the game.

If that does'nt work, right click on the bf2142 executable, properties, compatibility mode, windows 98, ok. Run the game.
    Reverse the above and remove compatibility mode.

G'luck

Comment

theres a sticky on this above.

Comment

And I replied to the sticky, solved the problem, and asked for this to be deleted.

Originally posted by venny View Post

Comment

Working...
        X