Help! Computer or Internet Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Computer or Internet Problem?

Last week I had reformated my computer and installed new Driver, bought Battlefield 2142, played for 3 days and it seemed normal.

However in this week, I started to see something strange (lagging?) in game and I couldn't identify whether it's computer or internet problem. In game when I lag, when I press strafing left(buttom A) and I release it, my character still goes to left for 5 secs, same problem happens in every direction key and happens every 15 secs. Furthermore, when Im lagging and press shooting(by holding left mouse buttom), it doesn't shoot and computer starts to make voice like "bee-bee-bee-bee", 5 secs later my gun shoots like out of control.

I also have problem of disconnecting in game randomly when I play 24/7 Fall of Berlin.

I live in Toronto and use Rogers high speed modem, it looks fine and normal everytime I play BF2142. So is it a problem of computer or internet?

Thanks for helping
    Midnight2007

Doesn't sound like typical lag. When mine lags due to internet I get choppy gameplay. A soldier I'm aiming at will instantly jump 2 metres to the left/right. My direction will jump. There is a delay between pressing fire and my shot going off! Stuff like that.

What are your specs?

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
      Doesn't sound like typical lag. When mine lags due to internet I get choppy gameplay. A soldier I'm aiming at will instantly jump 2 metres to the left/right. My direction will jump. There is a delay between pressing fire and my shot going off! Stuff like that.

What are your specs?
      When I "lag" I see enemies and ally soldiers performing normal task, when I lag, my character goes out of control, like going to direction randomly even my hands are off the keyboard and mouse.

Midnight2007

Comment

What are your specs?

Do you have a wireless mouse? I get weird behaviour when the battery gets low. Really need to know what your system is to help.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
          What are your specs?

Do you have a wireless mouse? I get weird behaviour when the battery gets low. Really need to know what your system is to help.
          my mouse and keyboard are both connected to computer.

Comment

The SPECS!!

Check you have your PC updated PS is mean when it get outdated.

This should be in support.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight2007 View Post
              "bee-bee-bee-bee", 5 secs later my gun shoots like out of control.
              That sounds a lot like the keyboard buffer overflow sound.
              It can happen when a key is pressed down for too long, so it generates a million "aaaaaaaaaaaaa etc"
              I know you said that you used a mouse for shooting, but try with another keyboard anyway. And maybe change the mouse too.

Another possibly is that a joystick is interfering with the controls, do you have one connected?

Comment

What is your ping on the server when this happens? Does it happen on all servers?

Anyone else using your net connection while these problems happen?

Most importantly, what are your PC specs and video/sound settings?

Comment

Do you have the requirements for 2142?

that might be the problem.

Comment

yes lets see some specs:

Xp or Vista?
                    Any firewall or virus scanner running?

Processor=
                    Graphic card=
                    Video driver version=
                    Keyboard=
                    Mouse=
                    in-game ping while you're 'lagging'=
                    fps normal=
                    fps while lagging=

If your mouse/keyboard are USB then list all other USB devices you have connected.

The more info you give the easier it is for us to figure out what's wrong.

Comment

shazam.

Comment

sticky keys of some sort?

Comment

Midnight 2007, it seems that I have the same problem as you. I also have a Rogers high speed modem and live not too far away from Toronto. So our connection may be the problem. I've only been to one server so far with these laggy issues. When I tried another server, it seems much better but still got a bit jittery at times. I will make another post later when I try out some more servers.

Comment

the op seems to have disappeared... no response frm him anymore on his pc specs..... maybe he solved the problem? typical scenario, posts a thread asks for help, problem solved, then disappears wo a word of thx.... sigh....

Comment

Okay, well seems to be working for me again. Maybe it was just a temporary issue with Rogers high-speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X