Little red #2 ingame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little red #2 ingame

I forget how some players got the little red 2 by thier name ingame.

The red #2 means the player is a BF2 veteran... basically, they have the same player name in BF2 and BF2142.

Comment

it means they have played bf2 before and signed up for that veterans program. gives u an instant rank up for a new soldier, 40 free points.

Comment

It means that they think instaproning is a good idea, so they should be easy pickings

The veteran link still seems to be active, so give it a try: http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battle...2/veteran.aspx

As I remember it all soldiers on a account will get veteran status if one does, so just create a dummy soldier to get the status.
        Your existing soldiers will of course not get the 40 points bonus, but all should get the nifty red "2".

Comment

chose not to go for it, can't remember why

Comment

I went for it, every soldier you make and i mean EVERY soldier you make since you sign up benefits from the extra 40 points but i believe the first soldier you make after you sign up for it has the "2" logo.

I have an alternate soldier "ArmedAssault" and he doesnt have the "2" but he did get the rank up, it's not me because i signed up to the veteran's program before the games release.

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd View Post
              It's also too late to sign up for the veteran's program at this point AFAIK. So if you played BF2 and didn't already sign up then there's nothing you can do to get that red 2.

*edit*

I may be wrong about it being too late to sign up. Vreki found the link so if someone verifies that it works post up and I'll fix my post.
              you can still sign up

here

and you dont need the player name

Comment

yea basically us with the #2 signed up on the Veterans program

Nothing special except whenever we make a new soldier we start on the first rank (40 Points)

Comment

It's not like the littel red 2 gives you super human strenght ingame powers

Comment

i never got the vet system so i didnt do it.

Comment

I'm a vet. The 40 free points own :P

Comment

when i played bf2 and the vet thing came up i sighed up to it but i never got the 2 by my name it may be cos i got bf2142 2 months late :s

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                          i believe the first soldier you make after you sign up for it has the "2" logo.
                          All three of my soldiers have the 2, though Solid144, my BF2 nick, was the only one I reserved through the vet program.

It means that they think instaproning is a good idea, so they should be easy pickings
                          :laugh: Yeah, I still get a chuckle when someone tries that junk in 2142.

Comment

Working...
                          X