Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this piece of text from?

Found in damaged memory banks at the crash site of a transport:

At the very moment of impact various actuators, which are interfaced with the soldiers integrated vital computer, focus precise levels of force to the internal organs and skeletal structure thus minimizing or eliminating the trauma of high-speed impact.

The power required for these pods is significant, and due to the need for the pods to be compact a high-output methanol fuel-cell power source is employed. The only drawback of this power-source is that is emits large quantities of exhaust which, in conjunction with vapor trails caused by the high velocities, emits a significant contrail.

This drawback is perceived as being an acceptable risk as the cost of manufacture per pod is greatly reduced by using this power-source as opposed to a micro-nuclear generator which would be significantly more expensive.

A final note: upon launch the soldiers combat suit will constrict tightly around his body, forcing the air out of his lungs. This is, to put it nicely, quite unpleasant and is often accompanied by a grunt or cry as the oxygen escapes the trachea at high-speeds.

Various other technologies are employed to aid in the reduction of harmful stresses on the soldier's body during pod flight and impact including...

...Data corruption encountered...further analysis of disc required...please wait...

...filled with a large, spongy nano-material which helps to....

...Processing...
    Found it on the BF2142 wiki but where is is originally from?

probably akin to asking where the bible is originally from... dover perhaps?

Comment

From a guy named w33t on this forum

Completely fictional and the other parts are most likely added for effect

Comment

Originally posted by Deesies View Post
        From a guy named w33t on this forum

Completely fictional and the other parts are most likely added for effect
        Thanks, I thought it was out of the manual or something lol.

And hey, it's the squadplay guy!

Comment

upon launch the soldiers combat suit will constrict tightly around his body, forcing the air out of his lungs.
          So this means that pod surfers run the risk of suffocating! I like!

Comment

Whoops, my bad, I thought it had something to do with Eve Online... check this out for a good read:

Be whatever you want in EVE Online, the biggest space game of all time. Download the free space MMO game and play online for free here.

Cheers~

Comment

W33t is not a squadplay member, but was one of creators who implemented a squadplay intensive squad. Used to be close friends. Till me moved on.

lol, so sentimental.

Comment

regardless, nice little tidbits about pods, even if it isn't official.

Comment

Maybe it's about how APC PODS work =) LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X