Squads with no orders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads with no orders!

This is an annoying issue we have all been faced with. It's unbelievable that after so long, there are still players who create squads and NEVER issue a stinking order. It's not an issue when there is only 1 squad like this in my team, but when 6 guys make squads in the first 5 seconds of the round, it's a big problem. I sometimes get delayed by checking my previous round's stats and by the time i join the next battle, everyone already made a bunch of squads. When this happens, i have no other choice but to join these dumb squads. I don't know why so many players are anxious to make their own squad if they don't really know how to be a SL.

I don't like tooting my own horn by i am a good SL. I know how to read the battle, i know where my squad needs to be. It's flattering when i make a squad, kick butt in the round and leave all other Squads in shame. And thru the next round, everyone just waits for me to make a squad so they can join it, That's a cool feeling. I can be squad 4 and my squad fills up in 10 seconds and squad 1 thru 3 only have 2 or 3 members and i am stacked with 6.

In my ideal little BF world, Squads with no orders would always be empty. Only ppl who issue orders create squads and no one would make a squad until the ones that already exist are filled up. Also, everyone who joined my squad, would stick together. I had a great experience last week, in which my squad had 3 medics and 2 supports, I would go down and actually get REVIVED. I played 48 man cerbere landing and camp gibraltar and only died twice in the first round and 3 times in the second. I usually die about 12 or 15 times in those type of matches. The thrill didn't last long cuz my squadmates disconnected.

It's frustrating seeing 2 squads with 6 members and then have 4 others squads with only 1 or 2 members.. If those squads mergered, it would be better for the team.

So the next time you are in a squad with no orders, LEAVE IT and find a real squad, Remember that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. lol. Or you can annoy the Squad Leader By Constantly Saying "ORDERS SIR?" This is quite funny when you are in the EU. I was cracking up when a guy was doing it, i joined in and all you heard was "ORDERS SIR?" Try it one day. Lol

[/Rant]

Ya that annoys me a lot as well. I make a squad, put a command up. Yet everyone joins a squad that has no command at all. Not only that, the person is using the 3rd SL unlock so he can get kills while I use the beacon and 2nd unlock so my teammates have an advantage...

It sucks but like you said spamming "Orders Sir" usually works.

Comment

I hear you, that's one of my top pet peeves with the game.... also, when SLing I'm almost always medic, that way I can revive my squad... cause you know they're all snipers:shakehead:

Comment

Yeah, that's a thing i do, that i feel gives my squad an advantage, using the Otus. First, i know where to put Beacons that won't be easily found. After i die, i switch the beacon for the otus plus i use the IDS (Support's little UAV) So my squad pretty much knows where ALL the nearby enemies are. When i am in squads and don't have these tools, i feel like i am playing in the dark.

I am tempted to use the Accipiter, but i feel i am being selfish. The otus is more helpful to my squad, rather than a piece of junk halo with guns on it

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
          I don't like tooting my own horn by i am a good SL. I know how to read the battle, i know where my squad needs to be. It's flattering when i make a squad, kick butt in the round and leave all other Squads in shame. And thru the next round, everyone just waits for me to make a squad so they can join it, That's a cool feeling. I can be squad 4 and my squad fills up in 10 seconds and squad 1 thru 3 only have 2 or 3 members and i am stacked with 6.
          I know what you mean because I'm the guy who's waiting for that one special team player to start a squad.

I'm not much for leading my own squads, and I'd rather go lone-wolf than be in a squad with no real direction or cohesion. But I like to join squads when I know the leader will try to direct his squad and when the members will work together and not disperse randomly.

Comment

I have gotten 3 buddy request from guys that were in my squad and liked the experience.

The experience of a great squad adds a bunch of fun factor to the game. Because i have had sessions where i have a great squad, then one by one they start disconnecting, then i get stuck with a bunch of Gomer Piles and it's just not as fun. lol

If any of you play often on Texas teamplayers or Armory City maps. Join my squad, you will have a ball and have someone on your squad that knows what he is doing

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
              I am tempted to use the Accipiter, but i feel i am being selfish. The otus is more helpful to my squad, rather than a piece of junk halo with guns on it
              Well, if you have a engineer and support in your squad with their respective radar unlocks, take the Accipter and then have each of them toss their radars onto it. As long as you and the Accipiter stay alive, it's a great combo, and definitely nothing selfish about it.

Comment

Cool, Thanks for the Tip, will definatly try it next time

I have 23 Accipiter Kills so far, haven't touched the dang thing since about DEC, lol

Comment

I remember playing a Titan Sidi round in a squad of 2; I was SL.

I was playing as Support and he was an Engineer. Started out, I grabbed the APC in our base and headed to a base with a Walker and capped that. He grabbed the Walker and we proceeded to decimate the round. The two of us had a higher combined squad score than the rest of the 4-6 man squads on both teams We capped and held/recapped all of the silos for the entire round, following my orders of where to go. Commander was also nice enough to answer my UAV and Supply requests Think our combined score for the 2 of us was something like 220'ish

After that round, it was like maggots on rotting meat with all the people swarming into our squad

Comment

yea it's hella annoying when theres like 6 squads and none of them have a freaking order...and you ask for orders and get ignored.

Comment

I always make orders, even when I'm in a squad by myself. Mostly so I can quickly see where I was wanting to go, but also in case someone happens to join my squad

Comment

most of those bad SL normally make a squad either to simply clock time for badges or so they can always request for uav's, os, supplies for themselves. i always ignore such selfish SL's no matter how many mutinies he makes on me.

Comment

you should try to join Mukky's SquadPlay All the way servers. i've had a blast on them for the last two days. excellent team work all the way around. i'm going to apply to join their clan, and I don't see myself playing to may other servers if i can help it.

Comment

i agree with the OP's rant.

just the other day i was going insane as no bleeding SL would issue an order. i just created a new account and needed some field upgrades desperately.... they wouldn't budge so i had to switch servers.

i too am primarily a SL. occasionally i forget to set an order and feel like an a$$ when i do, but i set one immediately if someone asks for an order. 9/10 times though, i remember to do it the moment i spawn in for the first time.

Comment

What's worse are those squad leaders that not only don't issue orders but simply refuse to.

If I ever get a squad like that as commander, I just spam order commands until they obey

Comment

Working...
                              X