Quick Question: Deaths and APCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question: Deaths and APCs

First quick question: I know I've read this a couple times, but I can't seem to find a good answer right now. What does the deaths column represent for each weapon and vehicle? Is it deaths while using that weapon or vehicle? Or deaths caused by that weapon / vehicle killing you? I think it's the latter, but I'm not quite sure.

Second quick question: APCs count for armor kills right? Anyone find out if the Goliath does, too? Or is it just the APCs, walkers, and tanks that count for the armor badge?

It's my understanding the Deaths are how many times that particular item has killed you, not how many times you died using it.

For the second part, I'm not sure. I thought APC kills did NOT count toward the armor awards (seems like I've been in a tank each time I've gotten one, but maybe that's just coincidence), just walkers and tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
      First quick question: I know I've read this a couple times, but I can't seem to find a good answer right now. What does the deaths column represent for each weapon and vehicle? Is it deaths while using that weapon or vehicle? Or deaths caused by that weapon / vehicle killing you? I think it's the latter, but I'm not quite sure.
      Erhardt is right, it's the latter. Easy way to tell: I've got something like 4 1/2 minutes with the Zeller and 268 Deaths - at 60 Deaths/minute, that'd have to be a pretty prolific Zeller guy!

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
      Second quick question: APCs count for armor kills right? Anyone find out if the Goliath does, too? Or is it just the APCs, walkers, and tanks that count for the armor badge?
      The Goliath, no - it has its own awards so they didn't add it to the vanilla awards. Not sure the APC question's been fully understood - from what I've read here, APC kills seem to count for the badge but not the ribbon (or maybe I've got it backwards).

Comment

Ghibilian, you have been playing and posting for how long and don't know this stuff???

Deaths are tracked by what killed you.

APCs count towards armor. (APC kills count towards Armor Service RIBBON and MEDAL, but *not* BADGE)

Search is easy (you even posted in a thread that answered these questions).

Comment

Actually the APC does count toward the badge, but EA stats are bugged and don't show it when you look at the badge, I've seen plenty of people with the badge but it still says they haven't completed the global requirements.

Comment

Working...
          X