Blinking Screen Ingame Bf2142 Driving Me Crazy.... Pleaze Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking Screen Ingame Bf2142 Driving Me Crazy.... Pleaze Help

when im playing in game on the ground the screen starts blinking white, i can still play and everything works fine, just its always blinking all the time and its so annoying and almost puts me into an epileptic fit.

could you please tell me how to fix it. It never used to do this. Cheers, thx a lot

Originally posted by Boggy11111 View Post
    when im playing in game on the ground the screen starts blinking white, i can still play and everything works fine, just its always blinking all the time and its so annoying and almost puts me into an epileptic fit.

could you please tell me how to fix it. It never used to do this. Cheers, thx a lot
    Could you try and get some video of it through FRAPS or the like? I'd like to see exactly what you mean by blinking.

Comment

Or maybe it's a driver issue. Try updating your gfx drivers.

Comment

how do i update my gfx drivers?

Comment

Download them from Nvidia http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp or ATI http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html, depending on the make of your GFX card.

Comment

You could also try lowering your graphics settings in-game. I would probably lower your terrain and/or textures first to see if that alleviates the problem. You could also experiment with lowering texture filtering and anti-aliasing or any of the other options (lighting, dynamic lights/shadows, etc).

I dunno what kind of card you have so if it's a supported card or whatever then this probably will do you no good, but it can't hurt to try.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't it be a heat issue as well? You may want to check your fans and/or filters to make sure everything is clan and working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd View Post
                You could also try lowering your graphics settings in-game. I would probably lower your terrain and/or textures first to see if that alleviates the problem. You could also experiment with lowering texture filtering and anti-aliasing or any of the other options (lighting, dynamic lights/shadows, etc).

I dunno what kind of card you have so if it's a supported card or whatever then this probably will do you no good, but it can't hurt to try.
                I would start with the lightning settings, remember how the Titan acts up if those are too low?

Comment

What do you mean Vreki? My lighting is on low.

Comment

It could be that:

1. The RAMDAC is faulty; lower the vertical refreshing rate and resolution to see if it improves.

2. The chip and video ram work in different frequency and they don't match; try to tune chip and ram frequency to chip manufacturer's default. My XFX 7800GT came with factory overclocking and it doesn't work. So I tuned it back to 1GHz/400MHz and have no problem since.

3. The monitor sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by x + 95 = 4x - 10 View Post
                      What do you mean Vreki? My lighting is on low.
                      There have been a lot of people (including me) who have experienced that the interior of the Titan is pitch black.
                      The problem is usually resolved if lightning and/or dynamic lightning is increased to medium.

Comment

Yeah This Is My Info

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy11111 View Post
                          Yeah This Is My Info
                          Ati Radeon 9800 Pro.
                          The same card I had when I started playing BF2142, and I never had the snow problem.
                          The current version seems to be 7.7 and since your drivers is version 6.14 timestamped 2003 I think they are a bit obsolete.

But I actually ended up using customized drivers from Omega, they were more stable. You can find them here, just download and install.

Just click ATI Radeon and then Win2k/XP in the top menu to get to the download page.

Comment

Working...
                          X