• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid cd key

ok put this on support as well but for some reason im putting it on here
    God bf is addictive

anyways
    im runnin bf2142 on vista home premium and so far ive had the normal problems like punkbuster and the no cd thing but since then its been runnin fine till just now.

I went on and went to join a server and it said invalid cd key.

can someone please help

Thnx
    Jon

please help!!!

go into program files > Battlefield 2142 > Support

there is a file called BF2cdkeycheck or something a long those lines, anyhow oopening one of the files will prompt you to reenter your cd key, do this and it should run fine

Comment

sorry m8 dont know wat ure on about cant find it

i used the search thing to find it but when i clicked on it it just said tht it had stopped working

i used the search thing to find it but when i clicked on it it just said tht it had stopped working

Comment

He means go to your hard drive where battlefield is installed (usually c: drive)

then go in the folders in the following order

Program files
        EA
        Battlefield 2142
        Support

Then you will find a file called BF2cdkeycheck. Double click on this and it should ask you to enter your cd key again

Hope this helps

Comment

sorry m8 it just says tht bf2 thing has stopped working

Comment

Hmm i'm not sure then man, sorry. Hopefully someone else might come up with a solution or you could try seraching the forums

Comment

Wats stranger is tht after tht i tried uninstallling it and it wont even du tht

u know i should maybe give up
              after months of playin alrite here come the problems

After i fixd the cd key thing i went on to find tht punkbuster kicked me for no reason. Then i went and updated punkbuster and went back on to find it said sumthin like punkbuster ban guid or sumthin

anyone else had this

Thnx
              Jon

Comment

You probably have the duplicate GUID bug....

Someone who had that bug was busted for cheating and got the GUID banned and so now everyone else who has the same bug is banned until they fix the bug.

The GUID you are getting kicked out of servers with is not your real GUID. If you look on the EA support site for "duplicate GUID" you should find a support article that details exactly how to solve the problem.

Comment

1 very probable solution for this problem can be found in the forum's "Support" section.

Basically it includes using the cdkeycheck.exe and doing one small easy registry trick.

Comment

Yhnx guys thts my problems solved

Thnx for ure help

Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X