How do I Stop the Gunfire Glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I Stop the Gunfire Glitch?

Searched around the forums and couldn't find a topic relating to this one.

I'm talking about a gunfire sound glitch, where your TM is standing right next to you and his gun is emitting the gunfire sound but you don't see flare/muzzle flash, and it just keeps going for a long period of time.

Any possible fixes? Or am I the only one suffering from this crap?

You TK him, then rez him. Or, if you think you can get his attention by typing in chat (or talking over VoIP if he's in your squad) then tell him to switch weapons and switch back. Or get him to drop an ammo hub or med hub (yeah, I know, huh? :laugh: ). Any way you can get him to switch to another item and then back will fix it.

And this bug has been in since BF2, so there's no 'fix' really, other than that.

~Wolfgang

Comment

have him switch weapons

Comment

switch to Frontlines: fuel of war

I'm sick of the bugs. epic and id were never this bad on any release.

Comment

You're definitely not the only one who suffers from this. I'm glad you brought this up because I had no clue where that constant, annoying gunfire sound was coming from. I'd often times run around looking for the source.
          Which, usually got me killed. And that also takes care of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op. View Post
            have him switch weapons
            What he said.

Comment

Kill yourself, it's the only solution.

Comment

When he fires one bullet or when he reloads the soudn will go away. Basically anything that requires a new sound will erase the sound loop that you are hearing when it bugs.

Comment

Screw the sound loop, the glitch that really gets me is the sliding walker and the occassional drunken walker (the one that falls foward/backward).

Comment

Originally posted by The Auriga View Post
                    all you need to do is switch weapons. go to your pistol and back. Always worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital-Boy View Post
                      Screw the sound loop, the glitch that really gets me is the sliding walker and the occassional drunken walker (the one that falls foward/backward).
                      I like the sliding walker glitch. It's like the whole silent but deadly thing since they can't hear you coming.

Comment

yep... this gunfire sound loop has been around since bf2 also.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auriga View Post
                          Totally agree :laugh:

Comment

Turn off your speakers.

Just wait for him to fire another shot, that'll stop the sound.

Comment

I always get a bug where my walker seems to indefinitely keep doing the animation as if turning around. Not only that, but it also makes it quite difficult to move properly. Doing strange turn combinations of my own eventually fixes it (temporarily).

Another one of those things you accept when playing a Battlefield game.

Comment

Working...
                              X