HELP !!! BF2142 reboots in MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !!! BF2142 reboots in MP

I have just installed BF2142 and it works fine in SP, but my computer reboots i MP when i enter a plane,tank or titan.

I have tryed reinstalling the game, but it did not help

Im running XP (fully updated) and using the newest nvidia drivers.
    I havent had any problems before with this game.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Might be a heat problem, check your cpu/system/gfx fans aren't clogged with dust.
    You could try downloading something like speedfan to monitor your temps.

Comment

I just tryed an unranked server, and it worked just fine. Think its a punkbuster problem.

Comment

Punkbuster will not reboot your comp.

Heat problem or virus.

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce View Post
          Punkbuster will not reboot your comp.

Heat problem or virus.
          So let me get this straight. He plays single player and DOESNT reboot.

He plays unranked servers and DOESNT reboot.

He plays a ranked PB server, and reboots when getting into a vehicle. Thats a virus or heat problem? Logic?

Unless there is a virus specifically for BF2142, thats unlikely. It MIGHT be a CPU heat problem, because PB can tax your CPU if 1:Something isnt configured right, or 2:The CPU is too slow.

Sounds to me like PB is causing the problem. If he can enter vehicles on an unranked server, then it cant be contributed to graphics drivers, a bad dll, a bad file in BF2142, or anything else but something that isnt found on unranked servers.

The answer? PB.

Comment

But punkbuster doesn't know that you are entering a vehicle, that should make absolutely no difference at all to the stuff punkbuster is monitoring.
            Also bear in mind that singleplayer only has the small map sizes, that might be an important difference.

Questions:
            1. System info? Type dxdiag in "Run" if you are unsure.
            2. Have you changed anything since the game worked?
            3. Does it crash every time you enter a vehicle?
            4. How much time did you spend on the unranked server? You may have just been lucky.
            5. Is there a relevant entry in the event log?

Comment

might be a psu deficciency. or a bad piece of hardware. i had old sound blaster in my machine. i got random "freezes" that eventually rebooted. when i took out that card the freezes didnt stop completly, but 96% stopped. tried cleaning out the dust and reseating everything first, that didnt help. even redid the compound on my cpu. nothign worked till i removed that soundcard.

Comment

Working...
              X