Show friendly vehicle health on minimap/spawn map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show friendly vehicle health on minimap/spawn map

I've been making a list of all the ways that this game makes me feel unlucky and frustrated, and I know of one small fix that would greatly help.

I often die because I spawn into a transport/APC/SL-driven vehicle that is on fire or severely damaged and under fire.

If the map showed vehicle health (using a series of colors, or a little life-bar) then I'd be able to make a more educated decision on whether or not I want to spawn onto a transport headed straight to hell.

I'm sure it's impossible to add at this late stage, but I wanted to say it anyway.

PS: Hey DICE - why do we have separate maps for spawning and seeing teammates and friendly vehicles (squad tab vs. kit tab)? It's really annoying to flip back and forth to see if the moving spawn point is an APC or transport, or to see what flags have friendlies around them and what ones do not. Can you combine them into one map that allows me to see my team's positions AND choose a spawn point? Thanky.

Hear hear on both of those!

Comment

Great ideas...

I started playing engineer this weekend and figured it would go a lot better with all the armor/aircraft in Titan Mode. I decided to keep spawning in gunships and alternating between repairing and gunning.

One thing that constantly annoyed me is not knowing the skill level of a pilot before spawning in his gunship. Caused me many a deaths/suicides...

Comment

Good points. Implementing them would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippet View Post
          Hear hear on both of those!
          I 2nd that

Comment

Originally posted by vbl View Post
            PS: Hey DICE - why do we have separate maps for spawning and seeing teammates and friendly vehicles (squad tab vs. kit tab)? It's really annoying to flip back and forth to see if the moving spawn point is an APC or transport, or to see what flags have friendlies around them and what ones do not. Can you combine them into one map that allows me to see my team's positions AND choose a spawn point? Thanky.
            This is rather annoying, having to switch between tabs to find out where everyone is, but you do it more quickly be tapping the CapsLock button.

Comment

Originally posted by ExTeenageRebel View Post
              One thing that constantly annoyed me is not knowing the skill level of a pilot before spawning in his gunship. Caused me many a deaths/suicides...

Just watch them take-off. Clipping the titan on their way out = bad sign.

Hitting Trees/Lone Buildings (I mean like... one building... and there's NOTHING else around it) = bad sign.

Thinking that the air transports guns are going to hurt the walker because the idiot in the transport is shooting at it, so it must do damage because they're shooting at it and only an idiot would shoot at a walker when they can't hurt it because that only gets it's attention so hey I think I'll hover around it until it blows me outta the sky = bad sign.

But that's just me.

-Avenger_One

Comment

It wouldn't be impossible but those imaginary development costs would be staggering to create this simple feature.

Comment

Working...
                X