Titan Drops Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan Drops Pin

What's the best way to get that bloody pin? I honestly tried to hover over the enemy titan for almost 20 - 30 minutes, where people would eject from the drop ship and onto the enemy titan, about 50 ejected, and I only managed to get 5 - 6 points from that.

Anyone have tips or tricks? That's legal of course.

yeh they took out the easy bit to get this pin cos so many people abused it, to get huge scores........... basicly u need to be away from the titan when people spawn (so many meters i think it about 500 some say, i have got away with >350) but u can try closer, im sure someone will clear the distance thing up.

but yeh get a transport hover arround the titan..........tell people to spawn on you, cos u want the badge, most will help. when u get 3 or so people in fly to titan and let them pod out, fly away again. just rince and repeat and you should get it.

final point.....> go onto a server when titan movement is not allowed. SO much easier

Comment

One tip is to fly over the titan before the shields have gone down, its sounds silly but everyone spawns there because they think that its a glitch and they are going to spawn inside the enemy titan, i have done that and managed to get 1 away from my pin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
        Ugh, here we go... I will post this only once, from now I on will simply quote this post:
        Troop Transporter Pin... This is no doubt the hardest pin to get, so listen closely. Get in a squad (preferably with people on your buddy list, but not required), and make sure your squad mates have VoIP, or use the squad chat. Tell them what you are trying to do, and ask them if they will help. If they say yes, then proceed! So, you are probably wondering: "What exactly is a 'Titan Air Drop'?". Well, it means dropping people off at the enemy titan of course! Two Frequently asked questions: So, if I sit in a transport that is on top of the enemy titan and let people spawn inside and get work? OR: How about Hovering over the enemy Titan? Can I hover and let people drop out onto the enemy Titan? The answer to BOTH those questions is NO. Neither of those will work. Here is what does: If a teammate hops into your transport while it is 200 Meters or more from the enemy titan, they will be applicable for a Titan Air Drop. Fly them over to the enemy titan, and shout "Bail out!". If they drop successfully, you should get a message saying "You got a driver ability assist!". Do this ten times to get your pin. Remember, 200+ Meters away, or it counts for nothing! Vertical does not count!
        filler text omg

Comment

Stay hovering at 300+ meters away from enemy titan, not 200, until someone spawn on you and deliver him to cargo bay. Rinse and repeat.

I just got another yesterday. So easy...

Comment

I've done it at 200... I only have two, but thats because its not worth the effort (Point-Wise). I'll get another when I go for the Medal and Ribbon (Still need like 9 hours in the Air Transport).

Comment

i was under the impression that it was 500 meters, my clan is awsome they were willing to help i just did like 3 trips after i got 25 hrs in a transport and got all the awards at once.

i just waited for enough ppl to spawn after they died on the titan and heres the result
              Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Another thing that not many people know... you can get Titan drops without hovering way above the Titan. If you just fly over the back deck and hover a tiny bit (below the reach of the AA guns but above the deck), you still get Titan drops that way. It's how I got my Air Transfer Transport Medal, Aerial Service Ribbon, and Titan Drop pins. Ask Kraxis as he helped me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
                  Another thing that not many people know... you can get Titan drops without hovering way above the Titan. If you just fly over the back deck and hover a tiny bit (below the reach of the AA guns but above the deck), you still get Titan drops that way. It's how I got my Air Transfer Transport Medal, Aerial Service Ribbon, and Titan Drop pins. Ask Kraxis as he helped me.
                  You mean people jumped out when you were just a few feet off the floor? DO they pod or jump at this distance? Cos if they pod they will likely die and give you teamkills.

Comment

You know what I have tried so many times to get this pin (its the last one I need) all the podders just drop down, they do not even fly upwards I've tried from 50 metres to 600 metres, they always drop down. What the hell am I doing wrong???

Comment

i dont know why EA put that freaking pin in the game

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                        You mean people jumped out when you were just a few feet off the floor? DO they pod or jump at this distance? Cos if they pod they will likely die and give you teamkills.
                        I didn't get any teamkills. I think they just jumped out. I'm actually not quite sure if you even have to hover. Titan drops for me have always been rather mysterious. I'm pretty sure even someone getting out of the aircraft while it's landed counts as a Titan drop (I mean, that was how it used to be, hence the seat switching exploit) as long as they spawn on you from 200 meters away.

Comment

Originally posted by peterpk View Post
                          i dont know why EA put that freaking pin in the game
                          I think it's a cool pin but they made it very difficult to obtain after the exploiting was going on. In the beginning when the game was fairly new transports was the way to go, but now everyone pretty much uses the APCs and Squad leader beacons, this is due to the fact that it's Safer. How many of us haven't spawned on a transporter that you see is headed towards the titan and 4 seconds later it gets gunned down by the Titan AA guns. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X