Framerate Issues with BF2142 and Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Framerate Issues with BF2142 and Vista

Hi, all. I bought a new laptop recently, and I've been having some issues getting it to run BF2142 smoothly. The specs are as follows

Intel Core2 T7400 (2.2GHz)
    2 GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce 7900 GS
    100 GB HDD 7200RPM

That's pretty much all that is relevant. I'm running it in compatability mode, I have UAC turned off, and I'm running it as an administrator but I'm still getting really choppy framerates unless I run it in 800X600. Suggestions? Thanks a lot!

ur laptop does have pretty decent specs, but y run it in compatibility mode?

Comment

I hae the same specs...

I have the same specs, after trying everything, including re install, and using drivers found from tweaksrus, compatibility mode, UAC, upgrading to 4 gb ram, putting all graphics to low settings, nothing, I mean nothing works. Come to find out, it was narrowed down to the drivers for the Go 7900 GS card, and Nvidia not having updated them. Don't waste your time, so I re-formatted and reinstalled XP Pro, and I am back to fraggin' baby. Vista upgrade was the worst thing I had ever done with the PC. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!

Comment

I run it on my laptop and had a similar problem after upgrading to Vista. Mine has the Radeon X1600 graphics card and after installing Vista and updating drivers when running the game it would stretch the image to fit the screen no matter what resolution I set. The Vista drivers for my card added and extra setting in the Notebook Panel Propeties under Attributes:

1.Scale image - maintain aspect ratio
        2.Scale image - full panel size
        3.Use centered timings

Once I set it back to use centerd timings it put the image back in the center of the screen without stretching it and my framerates went back to where they were before Vista.

Comment

what exactly happens with choppy frame rate? is it when the screen goes madd and things repeat themselves flying across the screen, like words and stuff, and the screen flcikers and shadows?

if so i have that problem in the menu, and with my crosshairs in game.
          makes life real hard.

Comment

I have:
            AMD 64 dual core 5200
            ATI x1950XT crossfire
            2gb Corsair Dominator
            WD 460gb RAID
            Vista

and running the game in 1024x768 with medium settings (and enhanced lighting/dynamic etc turned off) I still get FPS stutter.

If you want to improve your FPS, there's only one thing you need to do; put XP on and tweak it (disabling services, MFT size + regular defrags, disabling un-necessary apps etc etc)

Comment

I was having the stuttering issue as well. I upgraded my Audigy drivers to the latest from Creative (2.002) and latest official nVidia drivers (162.22) and then downloaded the latest DirectX from Microsoft. It's running much smoother now. The new compatibility updates that Microsoft is about to release (which betas have leaked onto the net) helped a little bit more.

My System Specs:

AMD X2 4200
              2 GB of DDR 3200 RAM
              GeForce 7600 GT
              Audigy 2 ZS

I'm running at 1024x768 with a mixture of High & Medium settings with lighting, effects being on Medium and dynamic light turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X