Tips for a new moviemaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for a new moviemaker?

Hey guys, I was thinking of making a video of the highlights of a couple rounds in cerbere and camp gib, anyone have any suggestions, like which moviemaking program should I use like fraps, etc. And any Do's and Don'ts that I should look out for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sony Vegas 6/7, Fraps thats all i can suggest and some GOOD muzik no hip hop/rap crap

Comment

stfu rap is fine.

Comment

Not for Frag videos its not... Use Rock or some type of alternative, they tend to do best.

Comment

Rap gangsta music pwns I hear it while I play and I swear I can kill more.

Comment

Here is the basics...

DO
            - Make it Interesting
            - Film different angles (Close up, Wide angles)

DON'T
            - Slap clips on a timeline
            - Use overused music (Usually it's Rap, and Rock songs)

Comment

Make sure you don't make it a 100% frag movie, those are boring. Make it like brump's shotgun vid, its funny (due to clips from real movies) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Apothius View Post
                Hey guys, I was thinking of making a video of the highlights of a couple rounds in cerbere and camp gib, anyone have any suggestions, like which moviemaking program should I use like fraps, etc. And any Do's and Don'ts that I should look out for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                Just don't suck :yay:

Comment

Don't use your mouse when in free-cam. Most people can't handle that and it just looks terrible. Makes me shut off the video immediately. Use nice music and try to synchronize it with the movie. For example if there is a big repeating bass in the music, make new scenes for every bass sound. This can become very exciting if the music is fast and there's a lot of action. Basically don't use music just to make it sound cool, but also to make it look cool.

Comment

How to make your video:

1) Use Fraps to record in game footage
                    2) Make sure you have good video codecs installed on your computer such as Xvid and Divx
                    3) Learn how to use VirtualDub. Get comfortable with either Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. I personally prefer Premiere, but they're both pretty much the same. VirtualDub is free, the latter two are not. I recommend learning VD (it's not that hard) and using it in conjunction with either Vegas or Premiere.

How to make your video not suck like 90% of the frag videos out there:

1) Don't make your video long. No one cares to watch crappy 9 minute long videos. Only include relevant portions of each frag clip, i.e. cut out the 14 seconds before and after the frag where you wander around aimlessly. Also, see #2.
                    2) Don't make your videos repetitive. This goes hand in hand with #1. Long videos are often poorly edited or have repetitive frag and frag sequences.
                    3) Make your video special. If you're going to make a video showcasing your skills, then you should have jaw dropping frags and frag sequences. Something about your video should stand out besides "oh I got a few average kills and some pins". Why watch the video if I can just hop on a random server and do everything on it within 1 or 2 rounds?
                    4) Pick decent music. If you have crappy heavy metal or stupid eurotechnotrash is floating around in your head right now, then close your browser NOW and uninstall Windows.

Comment

Working...
                    X