Major TS sound issue with BF2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major TS sound issue with BF2142

Like the title says. I try to explain this the best I can. This happens about 30min to 1 hour. I hear a popping, screeching, sizzling, static noise that will come on. Its so loud it drowns out my clan members, can't hear them. Then I cant speak. I have to min. Close TS out. Go back into the game. The sound continues but not as loud. Then it will stop. Then I min, restart TS. I will be good for another 30min to hour. Then repeats. Also, this is new. After I turn TS off, go back in to the game, the sound wont stop, then my PC crashes to reboot itself. Really strange

My PC specs are in my sig below,

I tried reinstalling my drivers. Didn't work. I was running SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0007 sound driver. But went back to the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.07.0004. That almost worked. Was good 3 hours in, then it started again. I also set the affinity to TS to run on 1 of the CPU, no luck. I have no idea what else to do. I hope someone hear can help. THANKS!!

What's your cooling situation? Avg temps? I run an AMD 4400 x2 on the same MOBO, 3 GB of Corsair, and I have the 7950 Superclock. I only have the XiFi Xtreme Music sound card though, and usually my game runs through my M-Audio Delta-44 pro card.

Comment

My CPU runs at 35c, my mobo runs 40c.

Comment

its not ts im sure. cos alot of ppl with xfi cards have the same prob too, even me. jus restart the game or pc.

Comment

I've had the same thing happen to me, always preceded by a several second serious lag/pause in-game. Sorry no solution, just commiserating.

Comment

Update your sound drivers would be my first step.

Comment

his sound drivers are the latest. although its almost a yr since creative made new drivers for it..... its an inherent problem with xfi cards, very common. only way is to restart.

Comment

Try Setting > Options
                Make sure your card is selected on input and output device

if not that it could also be your mic. I had this happen, but the worst thing is I forgot how I fixed it.

Does it sound like a feedback echo loop that just gets louder and louder?

Comment

Originally posted by frank_the_tank View Post
                  Try Setting > Options
                  Make sure your card is selected on input and output device

if not that it could also be your mic. I had this happen, but the worst thing is I forgot how I fixed it.

Does it sound like a feedback echo loop that just gets louder and louder?
                  Yea the sound starts low then gets louder, But I really don't think its my mic, The reason I think that, because its ONLY with this game I have this problem. If it where my mic wouldn't I have this problem with other games?

I really think its a driver issue as well. Or this patch. I can't remember when this started. I just know I never had this problem before. Been about a month that this is going on. When it first started was not that bad, Just had to min, close TS, wait for it to go away and re-open it. But know can't play the game more than 20 min with it acting up. I even uninstalled my sound drivers and game. Didn't work

Had a crazy idea and did this. I changed my settings in the sound options in the game. I selected hardware and put the sound to high, Had it selected on Creative X-Fi and sound was on Ultra high. Since I did that the problem went away. I never really "fixed" the problem, but at least I can play the game with it crashing. Small sacrifice.

Comment

Working...
                  X