Knife Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife Help

Ok guys and girls. I'm a pretty good shot with the sniper rifle but i am trying to get my knife score up, Trouble is i suck didly Uck with the knife.

I get up behind someone and start stabbing away but generally takes several goes before i get them (If i get them). What generally happens is they hear me and turn around and stab me.

Is there a knack to the knife? Do you have to be a certain distance away?

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Eddie

Go here: http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10894

That little graphic helped me more than anything else for knifing

Comment

Try crouching and then swiping from about 2.5 feet away.

When they're prone go prone and knife them from about 2 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce View Post
        Try crouching and then swiping from about 2.5 feet away.

When they're prone go prone and knife them from about 2 feet.
        Personally I find that crouching for proned people works better. But I think that's just because I can judge the distance easier while crouched than when proned.

A lot of it will require dying. A lot. You'll start to learn the ranges required to hit someone, and even then you'll randomly miss because of shoddy hit detection

Have fun learning it! Knifing adds an extra bit of fun to the game

Comment

Thanks for the hints. I have about 50 dog tags but been knife more times than i care to remember. As i play sniper i dont have much defence close up so want to get better with the knife.

Comment

My personal rule of thumb is "an arms length" which is abt 50-60 cms.

When the target moves away from me, I just follow until I'm in reach. When I flank the target I dive to crouch position and slice as soon as I'm within arms length. Frontal attack (only rarely) dive to crouch and slice after zigzag approach. Other approaches such as from high ground positions (stairs, Titan vents) require more improvisional approach. This all comes with the experience and becomes automatic eventually.

I know the great Knifemaster Timsad runs around with his Med Hub, for me I have my Baur ready until the last moment when I hit the "1" key.

Comment

hey eddie you mentioned you took the photo in ur avatar right?

whats the chicks names lol!:laugh:

Comment

Louise and Cassie are the girls names.

I shot that last year for one of my websites.

Its a ****e job but someone has to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiecatflap View Post
                  Louise and Cassie are the girls names.

I shot that last year for one of my websites.

Its a ****e job but someone has to do it.
                  so you get to see all the gigidy giggidy then :laugh:

send us a vid in the post lol:laugh::laugh:

Comment

Lol just a bit, I have seen more than my fair share.

I run a large adult company, we have 8 sites now plus a few other things going on...

Just been playing with my PC settings so i can encode High Definition Video and play BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiecatflap View Post
                      Lol just a bit, I have seen more than my fair share.

I run a large adult company, we have 8 sites now plus a few other things going on...

Just been playing with my PC settings so i can encode High Definition Video and play BF2142.
                      happy days!! must be a right laugh workin in that business along with some awesome sights too lol:laugh:

are you more or less a photographer or director of some adult films or just an editor etc???

wouldnt mind watchin an adult vid shoot in person lol:laugh:

and no im not a perv haha. Would be good to see how its all done.
                      add me ingame lol. xslaneyx

Comment

I own the company so i do pretty much everything, photography is my main skill.

I will add you ingame ;-)

Comment

Hey dude just had to say you're my hero, well done on some great websites and nice game stats!! Oh and one request, bring back angelic!!! :cry:

Comment

Ahh, Angelic has retired plus i married her a few years back so she is all mine ;-)

Comment

ah you're a lucky lucky man, i dont suppose she'd have a sister then who would like an irish guy?!

Comment

Working...
                              X