directx issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directx issue

After following the directions on EA Support website for manually uninstalling BF2142 and then reinstalling 2142 in safe mode (with network), whenever I open 2142, guild wars, or swbf2, I get an error saying that dxgi.dll in system32 has issues or is not designed to work for windows. I have vista and along with it, directx10 which is supposed to be what dxgi.dll is for. I also can't open dxdiag.

What can i do? (besides backing up and reinstalling OS)

Is directx10 even out yet?

Comment

You can not do much considering you need a Direct X 10 game to even use DX10.

If does not support DX10 then it won't very we'll.

Comment

Because of dxgi.dll messing up, I can't run gw, 2142, but programs not as graphically intensive, W:ET, and War3 TFT, seem to work with no error.

After searching on google for "dxgi.dll" I found that a few of the results had that dll in a package for xp users to download so Halo2 would work on their comp.

the exact error message

"bf2142.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Comment

Working...
        X