Automatic Weapons and Their Sprays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Weapons and Their Sprays

I got bored, so I made some videos of each of the automatic weapons. It's probably been done before, but oh well!

Each video is comprised of 8 clips:
    • At 5 meters
      • Standing and just spraying
      • Standing and spraying while using the scope
      • Standing and using the scope, but correcting for recoil
      • Crouching and using the scope, but correcting for recoil
      • Prone and using the scope, but correcting for recoil
    • At 25 meters
      • Standing and using the scope, but correcting for recoil
      • Crouching and using the scope, but correcting for recoil
      • Prone and using the scope, but correcting for recoil
    Found some interesting things. Such as, prone is pretty much worthless unless you plan on holding the position for awhile (who wants to hold CTL for 5 minutes?), you're sniping, or trying to be a smaller target. I didn't realize exactly how much the scope affected your aiming; it has a drastic effect. The Engineer SMG's have almost no recoil at all.

Lambert Spray
    SCAR Spray
    Krylov Spray
    Baur Spray
    Voss Spray
    Turcotte Spray
    Malkov Spray
    Bianchi Spray
    Shuko Spray
    Ganz Spray

nice, but it would be better with sound!

Comment

Originally posted by hobiecatter View Post
      nice, but it would be better with sound!
      Agree

Comment

I didn't look through the video but I like the concept, as it gives some new players a chance to see how the gun performs under certain conditions.

One of the things I did for BF2 was take a gun and start shooting at a designated target (anything metal that would generate a bullethole). I'd do this for a good 5-10 minutes or until I ran out of ammo... of which I just suicide and start the process over again. I did this for the various unlocks to get an idea as to how well they perform per shot and how the deviations per shot are at random intervals.

I still do the same thing in 2142 on an empty or unranked server. It's a nice time to see how the bullet deviations are at varying distances and can help hone in on recoil correcting. That's probably one of the best way to get the feel of your gun. When one plays the game actively (single or multi), you don't have the kind of opportunity to really "be one with the gun."

Comment

Was trying to keep the size of the files down a bit, hence the lack of sound

Comment

Originally posted by Yraen View Post
            Was trying to keep the size of the files down a bit, hence the lack of sound
            I'm pretty sure Yotube has a 100MB limit and you can compress the video file recorder from frap with windows movie maker to make it way smaller does adding music really takes up more room?

Comment

no sound feels kinda scientific, kudos

Comment

Sound can nearly double the size of the Fraps video. Hadn't checked the size limits on YouTube before I made the videos or I would have done them with sound

Comment

Working...
                X