Vista questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista questions

My friend just got bf2142 after I suggested it to him. However, I forgot he uses vista 64-bit sooo

1: Does the game run fine under vista 6t4 bit?

2: Does EA Downloader work with vista yet (it only used to work with xp a while ago) so he can use the NS key he bought?

Yeah 2142 works fine, so does all of my games now with Vista 64.

EA Downloader works fine too

Comment

Check the troubleshooting forum for memory.dll errors in Vista.

Apart from that it runs pretty good, but its not perfect. (running Vista 32bit here).

Comment

There are no issues, memory.dll is fixed by enabling 3gb memory allocations on the executable theres a dodgy way of doing it here on the forums if you search for supreme commander as you do the same thing for that. 64bit doesnt need to do the bcedit command as thats 32bit only.

I have found vista more reliable than xp but then again if you buy one of the cut down budget versions you will have problems like you do in xp with the xp home to xp pro difference. I have vista ultimate and the game as crashed less and has been generally more stable than my xp machine although my comp specs more than handle the OS. Make sure he has over 2gb of ram as vista likes its ram as does battlefield.

Comment

Working...
        X