Stealing the Walker loading logo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing the Walker loading logo?

I don't know if it's possible but in theory could you take the loading icon for 2142 and use it in windows?

If it is and you know how to do it, i love you (not really) but it's pretty cool.

Yeah it's in a 2142 folder somewhere. I'm looking right now.

Comment

yea, first, download a program called "RADtools"

This will be able to play bink files (.bik)

Open the program and look for EA.bik in "~\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\Movies"

Do not click play. Instead, click on "Convert a file"

From here, click on "Output type" and select which format you want the video converted to.

You don't need to do anything with the other options, just make sure "Convert video" and "Convert Audio" are checked.

Click convert. It'll then come up with the conversion box and a couple seconds later, it'll ask what compression method you wish to use. (I highly recommend using DivX codec if you have it installed)

Click ok and it'll convert

NOTE: I haven't been able to get divx codec to actually work. Xvid works pretty well though. If not, just try some of the other codecs it has.

Comment

What image are you talking about? The little mouse icon of the walker moving?

Comment

oh, you mean the mouse cursor? >.>

control pannel > mouse > points > Select what you want it to be and click browse > Browse to "~\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\menu\external\FlashMenu\Cursor" > Select "cursor busy.ani"

Comment

Can't find it sorry.

Comment

No worries, i'll try deesies method

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                No worries, i'll try deesies method
                Doh. Deesies has it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
                  Doh. Deesies has it right.
                  Yay, it works but for some reason it doesn't show up in printscreens :/

Heh, judging by my first post it seems i now apparently love Deesies.

1up.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                    Yay, it works but for some reason it doesn't show up in printscreens :/
                    The cursor never does in PS's

Comment

Working...
                    X