Baur and G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baur and G3

I am thinking of getting BF2 now because of the G3. I've heard people saying that G3 in BF2 is just like Baur in BF2142. However, the Baur in 2142 is actually more like Gewehr 3 in real life: 20rd mag, terrible auto fire and accurate single shot. From videos on YouTube, I've observed that G3 in BF2 seems have little or no recoil at all! What do you say about the G3 in BF2 compared to the Baur in 2142?

i think the g3 is better.

Comment

Krylov is clearly the best AR overall. Don't waste your money on BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
        I am thinking of getting BF2 now because of the G3. I've heard people saying that G3 in BF2 is just like Baur in BF2142. However, the Baur in 2142 is actually more like Gewehr 3 in real life: 20rd mag, terrible auto fire and accurate single shot. From videos on YouTube, I've observed that G3 in BF2 seems have little or no recoil at all! What do you say about the G3 in BF2 compared to the Baur in 2142?
        It's got some decent recoil, the player was probably moving the mouse down to compensate.

Comment

I use the G3 a lot in bf2, it's really powerful and can be quite accurate once you get used to it

Comment

yes the baur has rotten recoil BUT

u need to learn to master it..

for example i used to be a voss whore (check my stats like 22 hours using it or sumthing) but i got bored of running into a huge area of enemies and spraying and clearing them out without taking much damage

so i started using the baur and at first i sucked so badly ma accuracy took damage and so did my K ratio and everything went to pot

now my accuracy is high my K is better than i have ever had it..it took time and effort and alot of swear words but i finally got to grips with it and i can easily go in and out firefights against Voss'ers and easily win

if ure a vosser (as much as it annoys me but fair play if u like that gun use it) u pretty much charge the enemy and click and hold the fire button

if ure a baur'er u have to be patient and when in a firefight kneel scope and 1-3 shots 3 maximum will kill if u have a decent aim if a close fight dnt bother with gta always watch ure ammo only 20 but a good baur user will not need to reload in a firefight unless itr drawn out with reinforcements =P

aiming at the chest 1-3 shots will get ure crosshair at there head if there still alive (not always tho =P)

Comment

G3 kills with 1 HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Biotech2142 View Post
                G3 kills with 1 HS.
                true

since in general NO gun in 2142 kills with a headshot unless ure eye to eye with a zeller =P

the amount of times iv shot a guy in the head at point blank range and yet i die :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.ConVix View Post
                  the amount of times iv shot a guy in the head at point blank range and yet i die :cry:
                  You can HS a player with 1-2 in single shot ind the head with the baur

Comment

Originally posted by OneManZerg View Post
                    Krylov is clearly the best AR overall. Don't waste your money on BF2.
                    people would say the same for 2142 aswell.

Comment

G3 owns the Baur.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.ConVix View Post
                        true

since in general NO gun in 2142 kills with a headshot unless ure eye to eye with a zeller =P
                        Shotguns (and the Tank main gun, of course )

Comment

They have their similarities. They're large rifles with small magazines and high damage potential.

The Baur stresses accuracy though, as it's the most accurate assault but has miserable recoil, as opposed to the G3, which had mediocre accuracy (even by BF2's standards) but fairly managable recoil.

Even though the G3 has supposedly good recoil (just going by the numbers there), I found that it worked better for me if I set it to semi-auto and tapped for quick single shots. Same holds true for the Baur.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
                            G3 in BF2 definitely doesn't have "little or no recoil at all". It has quite a kick to it just like the Baur. Personally I find the Baur much easier to use than the G3 and I never ever use the G3 in BF2 and I rarely use the Baur in 2142.

If you're getting BF2 for the G3 make sure you get Special Forces as well or you'll find that you aren't able to unlock it. Also keep in mind that promotions in BF2 actually take a lot of time and dedication - especially for the later ranks - and that badges do not give you additional points.

BF2 is still fun for me and it is a good game despite some lingering balance issues. The jets = pure ownage and soldiers should be able to carry portable AA to counter them. People insta-prone for a ridiculous increase in accuracy for easy kills instead of crouching as they do in 2142. It is a good game though, but I'm not sure I'd buy it just to use a particular gun.

Comment

I used to love the G3 and I really miss being able to kill in one shot to the head. I rarely get a chance to try with the Baur because the enemy is either too far away to reliably hit the head or I get sprayed/bursted to death by a Voss/Ganz.
                              Seriously, the number of times I've literally been insta-killed (mostly Voss, sometimes Lambert or Baur) in the last week is really getting annoying. It's hard to practice a weapon when you die as soon as you see an enemy. Oh well, I finally hit Brigadier General last night!

In regards to insta-prone, people still do it in BF2142. Mostly people with high rate of fire guns like Voss/Lambert who can compensate for the accuracy penalty with the sheer number of bullets they put out. The "cannot fire" for standing up in 2142 is kinda annoying, however, speaking as a Clark user.

Comment

Working...
                              X