Offensive Use of Med Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive Use of Med Kit

I'd like to share a little tip about playing assault.

Most of us use the med kit in a reactionary type of way.

We get shot, we hide and run for cover and heal.

Its easy to forget to do this, and some people probably already know, but you can greatly increase your survival during gun battles by getting in the habit of dropping a med kit on the ground before you shoot at people.

Most people grab the med kit only when they need to heal - After they have been shot, but I have found that I survive more often when I am standing on or near a crate when I crouch and fire at people.

You might think that dropping a med kit is only good for camping spots, but the cooldown on dropping a new kit is short, so you can keep moving and throw them down constantly.

You should be using cover when you assault and move anyway, so dropping a kit down is easy to do.

You get the most benefit when someone is shooting you from far away with a weaker short range weapon like a Lambert / Voss / SMG / Pistol / Shotgun.

The medkit may just heal enough damage for you to surive a long range person single-shotting you with the voss.

Good Tip, but since I'm to far to be seen they can't hit me. (I use the Otus to see enemies and other NetBat spots, I fire into fog and hit them 70% of the time )

Comment

yeah but doesnt this give your location away to the enemy;if i see a med kit go down and dont se any friendlies nearby I know theres a good chance that anenemy is located there;srprise may be more important; if you place the medkit the split second before engaging this probably wouldnt matter..

Comment

Originally posted by ICE*T View Post
        yeah but doesnt this give your location away to the enemy;if i see a med kit go down and dont se any friendlies nearby I know theres a good chance that anenemy is located there;srprise may be more important; if you place the medkit the split second before engaging this probably wouldnt matter..
        This is a fair point and the reason why I don't personally use this tactic. While it has its advantages, the downside of the enemy being aware of your presence, range, location and kit before you have even taken aim is too much of a tradeoff in my opinion.

Comment

Depends on the situation yes. But most of the time, the enemy is going to think it is a friendly med pack, or they aren't even paying attention to that.

Sure if you walk up to a lone flag and flank around, and no soldiers have been there, it might look suspicious.

I correct myself that you should do it all the time, but in some cases when you need to lay low, then yeah it would be smarter to not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cann0n-Fodder View Post
            You might think that dropping a med kit is only good for camping spots, but the cooldown on dropping a new kit is short, so you can keep moving and throw them down constantly.
            Does anyone know the actual cooldown on the boxes? I experimented and it seemed like it depended on how used-up your box was when you dropped it.
            Sometimes, though, I drop a box with a full bar and I still have to wait seemingly forever for a new one.

Comment

i remember thats how woken used to play. whenever he was about to engage enemies, he'd first lay down his med kit first then engage em. and it works, i use it too and there have been a lot of times when i went up against others, esp. assault players and came out with less than 10 hp left. without the med kit, i probably would've died.

Comment

You guys do realise that the med kit absorbs bullets? *I am sure they do*

many people here in Thailand, place a med kit down and prone behind it. Healing while the kit absorbs the bullets.

Comment

It only takes a few shots though, you'll get like a split second of protection before you're left with no cover and worse, no healing until the 15 second recharge on the hub.

Comment

When I read the thread title, I immediately envisioned someone clubbing a baby seal to death with a med hub. And, I laughed... does that make me a bad person?

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
                      When I read the thread title, I immediately envisioned someone clubbing a baby seal to death with a med hub. And, I laughed... does that make me a bad person?
                      No. I enjoy clubbing baby seals too. They're asking for it.

Comment

yeah and if you are in the open then you will heal between victims.

Comment

No such a good tip as I actually hunt for medpack symbols, they give the game away But by all means tell everyone so I can kill tham easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                            No such a good tip as I actually hunt for medpack symbols, they give the game away But by all means tell everyone so I can kill tham easier!
                            yeah same here. i hunt for those symbols. med or ammo. they are terrible giving away your position and all it takes is a grenade thrown from cover. If the med runs away, he now has a weakness window of no healing. I hold my packs all the time and rarely throw them down for this very reason

Comment

Originally posted by danutz1183 View Post
                              I hold my packs all the time and rarely throw them down for this very reason
                              Large groups of my own peeps while cap'in' a flag is my exception. I never see the symbols, but I've often heard them hollering "need a resuply?" or the "I can heal you" and rounded the corner to find them trying to switch to their main as I mow them down.

Comment

Working...
                              X