Game freezing after pressing "join game"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game freezing after pressing "join game"

Hey, my game freezes after I press join game, on multiplayer only. Single player works flawlessly, but multi player is either freezing after I press join game, or being a lag monster after I actually join the game.

I've tried reinstalling, and repatching, and various "fixes" on these boards. Nothing seems to work.

Here are my specs:

Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit edition
    Video card: EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Sound card: Turtle Beach santa Cruz
    RAM: 1 gig of Ultra PC3200 RAM
    CPU: AMD athlon 64 3500+(socket 939)
    MOBO: ECS K8T890-A

Just a side note: this happens in BF2 as well, although I haven't tried Single player in Bf2 yet since I've installed vista(which was about 5 days ago) It does all these freezing/lag junk on Bf2.
    If you need any more info, just ask.

maybe u have alot of programs running in the background?

Comment

have you done the radial.cdb filename change???

that worked for me

Comment

Most of the time it's only xfire running in the background, sometimes Ventrilo. I've tried the radial.cdb name change thing as well.=\

Comment

have you updated pb???

Comment

have you tried this fix? it works for freezing too

Edit: oops

Comment

Okay, so, I tried that unplugging the ethernet cable thing, that worked, but now I freeze mid-game. Got a fix for that? :P

Comment

yeah that radial thing is the only fix for that :/

Comment

Yeah, so, I know for a fact it isn't the pressing of the join game button that is freezing me. cause it happens in other games too. I can navigate through the menus perfectly fine, but once I actually get into the game where I'm playing, I freeze.

Comment

Well, I fixed my frame rate issues, and then some.

I was going to buy new hardware eventually, and I decided I should do it soon, so I bought a new CPU, motherboard(Well the motherboard was free, now that I think about it), and two gigs of PC6400 RAM, and you know what? BF2142 works flawlessly now, with ALL graphics options on high, with Anti Aliasing at 4x.

So, those of you having lag/slowdown/FPS issues with 2142 and Vista might want to look into getting new hardware. That is, if you have the cash and the willpower to buy new hardware.

And if you were wondering the new hardware I got is as follows:

CPU: Intel Quad-core Q6600 Clocking in at 2.4 ghz each(I think)
                    Motherboard: Some junk ECS motherboard, but it works fine for me
                    RAM: 2 gigz of OCZ ram with some heat sink thing on it that takes away heat.

Those three things along with my video card I bought a few weeks ago(8800 GTS 320 MB) has made me an extremely happy Bf2142 gamer.

Here are the links to what I got.

CPU

RAM

Video Card

As for the motherboard, I won't bother showing because it's some piece of crap nobody would want anyway.

I got good deals on all of them except the RAM which I could have done better on, which makes me extremely happy about my purchases for the most part.(No, I didn't buy them at newegg. :P) And yeah, I know the Quad-Core is over kill right now, but later, when games come out that utilize the multiple cores, it'll be cool.

So, for those of you having troubles with Vista and 2142, that might be something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                    X