• PB Disallowed Program/Driver

LOL OWNED

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Punkbuster is so picky about everything its spyware in itself. If you look at some of the posts in the forums its amazing at the different problems people have. And then all of the sudden it will work perfectly fine then Evenbalance updates it and it starts all over again.

It's now over 1 month and they still have responded back to my help ticket. I solved my problem after about 2 days of trial and error but I want to see how smart they are and what their solution is.

Just hang in there is all I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere « View Post
            Hey everyone! I've played the game for some time now, no major problems except for the freezing after 2 mins of gameplay, which I solved completely.

Now when I've played on a server for about 15-20 minutes, this annoying little text pops up, 10 seconds later I gets disconnected from the server:

I searched the forum with no luck and I have absolutely no idea what's wrong. I haven't installed a new program/game in a month and I haven't modified the game files. Worked just fine yesterday. I tried switching to about 4 different servers, then it would work for another 15 minutes and disconnect again.

Any suggestions what it might be?

do you use winblinds, somebody I know got a silimar error using that when it had a certain setting on..

Comment

anything that hooks in to the graphics subsystem can generate that error. It sucks as 99% of them have nothing to do with gaming, and 99% of the 1% that do still don't have anything to do with hacks (used to get that error running a 3rd party app that enabled triple buffering on Nvida cards back before the new CP).

Not much you can do but kill the app thats causing it, when your lucky enough to know what it is.

Comment

Haven't found out yet what it is. I only have two programs open when playing BF2142, and that is my antivirus (AVG Free) and xfire... I've tried to exit both of them and the error still shows up. Have tried to disable a few of the background processes but nothing really works. I don't really want to start disabling processes that I don't know what it is... And I'm not using WinBlinds or similar program.

WTF is this?

The weirdest thing though is that this never sometimes occurs without no appearant reason, and sometimes it just doesn't happen at all.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'm getting the same problem. I've tried uninstalling a ton of stuff and closing down all the TSRs but no joy. In this game, if it's not one thing, it's another. Talk about a love/hate relationship with a computer game.

Comment

Working...
                  X