Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eXtreme Soccer League For CS:S (XSL)

Hello,

First of all I would like to explain who I am and why I made this post.

I am an admin of a league called eXtreme Soccer League (XSL) which is a Counter Strike Source Soccer League based in Europe and North America which was created in 2006. The popularity of this "mod" has grown since then and the league has grown to a well known competition and community.

This league plays as well as any other league which also hosts cups and public tournaments that are arranged by members of our community or of course official cups which are run by the league staff itself.

Never played CS:S soccer before?

Well here is a few tips.

* Running around chasing the ball gets you nowhere. So try finding a space on the pitch and wait for a teammate to pass to you.
    * Hitting the ball can be a tough task sometimes on its own, especially if you have never played before. Easiest way of hitting the ball is aim your cursor on the centre of the ball and use your left mouse button to hit it.
    * Aiming the ball is pretty simple, just point the direction you want to aim and then hit the ball. Another easy way to hit the ball is to crouch.
    * You may see some players using the wall and other types of skill to hit the ball. Don't worry all that will come with time and practice. But remember its nice to be nice and have fun.

Please note: This is only a very basic description for new players.

Well that explains a little about us and a very basic description about playing, you're probably wondering why I'm here. Well I'm here to invite your clan/community to a tournament being hosted by XSL.

This is a free to join tournament which allows all players to either play competitively or for fun.

All rules of play can be found http://www.xsleague.com/index.php?op...d=84&Itemid=33 (Some rules may vary during our league pre season so please keep checking for updates on that)

All those interested in signing up please visit our website (must register to see forums) http://www.xsleague.com/index.php?op...id=67&id=10196 and register yourself and your clan to our cup.

Closing date will be 28-08-10 for sign ups. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope to see some of you there.

XSL Admin www.xsleague.com

Re: eXtreme Soccer League For CS:S (XSL)

I know this post is a year old but I'm bumping it to give some updates rather than create another topic when 90% of the information here is already in place.

The North American link has now gone due to lack of support but we are growing nicely in and around Europe.

Also we are now upto season 11 signups (see the website for more information regarding that)

XSL has also opened an open gaming ladder where it currently hosts 2v2 and 6v6 matches. It has only just opened in the past few days so come along and try it out.

I will also be looking at adding a fifa11 gaming ladder as well as any other suggestions that get made and is supported enough.

Pop along and sign up. If you need more information then please read my posts above with more information on how XSL works.

tatsumatu
    Head XSL Administrator

Comment

Working...
    X