I made a map fy_bhopkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a map fy_bhopkill

Hi guyz I have just registered in this commnity for counter-strike and wanted to share my first map , which I wanted you guyz to check and give constructive feedbacks because I am a newbie and as I said this is my first map there could be many bugs in it.And is any one have liked the map PLEASE tell me and I will soon look for making better maps than this one:bowdown:

There is the link hope I will get soon reply

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/103301

Re: I made a map fy_bhopkill

Hello,

we all start from somewhere, and this is no different. I'd criticize, however everyone has those early days. Instead, I'll give a few pointers. For one, make a concept before starting the map. A layout, where the most action will be, where to balance it. Next, realism and setting. Where will it take place? Does the architecture suit its location? Third, optimization, errors, and bugs. Could this map be made with fewer brushes and in a smaller size?

Also, your map appears to be fullbright. This doesn't mean it is as bright as possible, it means you are missing a light_environment entity and therefore the map has no shadows. Fullbright, in any form, is never acceptable. About leaks, you must make sure your map is sealed from the void. You would use the nodraw (tools\nodraw) material to seal it. If any part of the map leaks between the nodraw and outside the map, there will be massive issues, including the inability to compile at all. Another way to fix this is cordon, but only use cordon for testing reasons. In any form, leaks are never acceptable. Your map also includes texture alignment and choice issues, textures matter a lot with the theme. When in doubt, set a dev texture (type dev in material browser) and decide later or ask for suggestions. In most cases, you should not stretch the texture past .25 scale.

Next is the sky; although your map is indoors, eventually you will want to do an outdoors map. You change the sky texture by selecting Map from the toolbar, then selecting 'Map Properties'. Look for Skybox Name, and set the value to anything from this list. Change the lighting settings in the properties of the light_environment entity mentioned earlier. This is only a start, if you have any questions feel free to reply.

Happy mapping!

Comment

Working...
    X