FPS drops upon movement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS drops upon movement.

If I move my characters "head" to look somewhere else my FPS drops and my game becomes choppy. If I look straight ahead it stays at 100. This wasn't happening yesterday before I reformatted my computer. Vsync is off and my drivers are up to date.

Re: FPS drops upon movement.

Generally this is caused when not all the textures and/or geometry from off-screen objects are currently loaded into memory. This is typical if it hasn't had enough time, the scene is overly complex, or you don't have enough system/video memory to hold everything--resulting in the game reading info from the hard disk and dramatically slowing down.

My advice? Play with your settings a bit--you may have the texture detail setting higher now than it was before you reformatted. The fast way to test is to drop all settings low, and if it plays fine, then start adding back what you want, just a few things at a time, so you can narrow down exactly what's causing the stutter.

If that doesn't help, my other guess would be that if you might have an anti-virus program slowing down file-access. This would be the less likely possibility, though.

Comment

Working...
    X