Annoying Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Problem

I hope someone can help me with this. Every time I go to chat with everyone or team chat the symbol "=" won't stop. Also, when I go to change my binds around in the game itself, the key won't stay selected long enough for me to change it. I've tried reinstalling the game but nothing helps. PLEASE anything would be great

Re: Annoying Problem

I don't think I fully understood your problem. When you chat, you output the character '=' with whatever you wrote?
    I don't understand at all your second problem, please explain in more detail.

Since you're willing to reinstall the game, have you tried deleting local content? As in, deleting your cstrike folder.

Comment

I'm sorry for being so vague...Anytime I try to chat the symbol "=" keeps coming up every couple of seconds...almost like i'm typing that symbol but im actually not...also, when i go to try and change the key binds in the options menu, the action im trying to change will not stay highlighted long enough for me to change it. i have tried deleting local content, i've deleted and reinstalled steam...it almost seems like there could be a driver issue with the mouse i'm playing with or something along those lines...hopefully that is enough..its a very strange problem and it happens in both CS:S and good ol' counter strike. the only difference is in CS:S when i try and change the binds the actual "=" shows up in the slot where as in CS 1.6 the action just does not stay highlighted.

Comment

Sounds like a keyboard malfunction. It's like your keyboard is constantly sending out the '=' key. Does this happen in any other program? Like, in windows? Try writing something in notepad (I suppose this is a retarded suggestion, since you have written two posts without the '=' key).
        Yeah, I'm also thinking it could be a driver issue. There's probably nothing wrong with your mouse (you can try unpluging it before starting to chat to check if the '=' still comes up). Can you reinstall your keyboard driver? Or maybe update it.

Comment

yeah i'll check my drivers....lol obviously you can tell that my keyboard isnt always typing "=" so it must have something to do with a conflict between programs or drivers...like i said i've deleted and reinstalled cstrike, steam and everything...so i know it cant be some kind of wrong bind

Comment

Working...
          X