Specified video mode not supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specified video mode not supported

i am having trouble running games such as CZ and CS:S. Everytime i start up one of the games it automatically puts me into Software video mode. then when i try to change it to Open GL it says specified video mode not supported and reverts back to software video mode upon reopening. It's an older computer, but i do not have to money to upgrade yet so i'm trying to make due.

Specs.

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+
    2.41GHz
    1 GB Ram
    Windows XP
    HP 22" LCD monitor
    Radeon 9800xt video card AGP slot

I have also bought a brand new HD3850 card and was having the same troubles with it. I have also tried lowering refresh rates and monitor resolution to lower settings and still get the same error. Any help would be much appreciated...

Re: Specified video mode not supported

Dude, I'm having the same problem. Even worse, I can't get d3d to work either, and Software mode is soooo laggy. I don't get it, cuz d3d and opengl work in all of my other games. I have all my drivers that are up to date and directx 10, and i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers. Nothing. It doesn't make sense. And, apparently nobody has the answer to this problem. It's so frustrating, cuz I just but cz for 20 bucks and I can't play it.

Comment

Re: Specified video mode not supported

Millman, try d3d instead as it is much more stable for ATI cards.
      As for you Korg, I'll check your thread.

Comment

Working...
      X