Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with gloves skins

HI everyone,
    I've got CS:CZ and I'm playing a lot with all those skins and such things...
    Now, I found some gloves skins. I was really happy, because those old CS gloves started to be boring... So, I downloaded HLMW and started replacing. Everything worked fine when I just replaced the gloves to AK47 (for this gun I've already downloaded another skin) and they worked well too in the game. But when I wanted to replace the gloves to the gun that I didn't skined yet (or just becaouse I don't want to replace the skin) it showed me the glove texture in three parts - glove, fingers and skin, but all the gloves skins that I have are all together (skin, glove and fingers), so I can't replace them. I tried to search for the appropriate size, but I din't find anything. Can anybody help me how to replace the gloves without replacing the original skins of weapons (except the gloves, of course)... Thanks for help, Basor

Re: Problem with gloves skins

Your grasp of written English is not particularly good.

Are you trying to replace the gloves on a custom model which has a different layout than ones you've seen before? Or did I read that wrong?

If that's what you're attempting, you've got four options the way I see it:
    1- recompile the whole thing remapping the arms and using the texture you like
    2- try to adjust the image files you have in a photo editor to match the size/shape of those in the custom model
    3- toss the custom model and stick with an easy one
    4- give up and accept some slightly different looking hands for the one gun

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, you're right... I'm from Czech Republic and just learning English, so don't hate me for that ... And I meant the different layout, so thanks a lot for your help, I'm gonna try all those thing that u just written... If I couldn't do it, I will just follow the 4th point :thumbsup: and thanks a lot again... But just tell me, how can I recompile or just change the skin of the gloves (the layout )... Basor

Comment

If you are trying to get the original back because you messed up, just delete the models folder in the cstrike (or czero or whatever) folder or the specific models (usually V_ and W_ or P_)

should be "C/:ProgramFiles/Steam/Steamapps/Yourusername/Counter-strikeconditionzero/czeror" or something

you never need to backup files, the original cstrike files are permanently in the Game Cache File that the "cstrike" or "czeror" file temporarily overwrites

also, skins suck, learn to play like a pro with the originals because skins aren't allowed in CAL or other tournaments. =)

Comment

there are two types of hands/arms in cs1.6/cs.cz:

the cz one, witch is more detailed, that has one texture covering the whole hand
          and
          the cs1.6 one, where the texture has been split up into three files, the fingers, the glove and the arm..

so just look for a similar glove-skin for 1.6, or make it yourself using the cz one as reference

Comment

Working...
          X