Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very odd drop in FPS

Hello.

I have a very unusual problem with my FPS. Basically, when I play on my lan, with 1 extra human player and 4 bot players, on Dust1, I get 70 - 100 FPS, which is great.

Then, something very odd happens. After 4 - 5 rounds of play, the FPS suddenly drops to 5 - 15, and stays that way for good. It's a really strange problem I can't get my head around. I am running this on a decent PC, with the specs:

Pentium 4 2.0GHz Dual Core
    GeForce 9500M GS
    4GB RAM

Graphics, Drivers, Direct X and everything are all fully updated. So I can't figure it out.

I run the game on medium spec, at 1366 X 768 (or the equivalent setting in CS).

Any ideas? They'd be much appreciated.

Re: Very odd drop in FPS

You have vertical sync forced to off?
    And you have checked if you somehow have a key binded that drops your fps_max & fps_modem lower?
    Or have you checked in console when it happens if they have dropped lower?
    I usually have them both in 101 & if i want more i turn on developer 1 .. it should be 0 btw

Comment

Couple more things to check:

- Any virus scanner running?
      - Does this happen after a few rounds with no bots?
      - Check your memory usage in the task manager after 1 round, then again when it's lagging
      - Getting any hard-disk access lights flashing during slowdown period?
      - Check heat deltas on your processor/video card. Is your processor or graphics card set to clock down on overheat?

Those are the main things I can think of off the top of my head, besides what was already mentioned.

Comment

From the specs this appears to be a laptop - I suspect that heat is an issue as suggested, and it's throttling the speed due to the temps. I would consider an airflow boosting stand for your lappy when playing, such as http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834997340 to keep it a bit cooler and more stable.

Comment

Working...
        X