lag spikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lag spikes

I get lag spikes for some servers I play on 1.6. It occurs for just some servers and at just some times. I can play Pokemod no problem (most of the times), but I get lag spikes in Football mod and Battlefield mods. I'd just got a new computer, and I don't lag in my old one (even though it's much worse, it's almost 6 years old, but I don't get any lag spikes there) on the same internet service. Can anyone help?

Re: lag spikes

Turn on net_graph and check your average loss and choke. Post them here.
    Also, what kind of rates are you using?

Comment

Well, the loss stays at 0, the choke goes to around 100, I get around 72 FPS (don't know if that's relevant). This was with 12 players. With just 8 players, my choke went down to around 30, and with just 4 players, down to 20, which leads me to think it's other people's problem, but that never happened when I was playing on my old crappy computer.

As for rates, I'm not really sure what they are, but I did google them and found out some commands to find. This is what I have (sorry if it's not what you need)

rate: 2500.000000
      cl_rate: 9999.000000
      cl_cmdrate: 30
      cl_updaterate: 20

Comment

Actually that is exactly what I wanted.
        Your rates are too low, which makes the connection choke.
        Try setting rate to 20000, cl_cmdrate to 50 and cl_updaterate to 50 too.
        Check your choke and report back.

Comment

I got them fixed up. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Well I hope you've managed to get your choke down to 0 like it's supposed to :P

Comment

Working...
            X