Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostage Skins

Hello! Its me Again -

The original CS1.x Hossies are mixed on maps. That means there is a scientist skin and hossie skin on one map. When you play cs_assault for exsample there are four hossies. Two scientists and two hostages.

When I use custom Hossies, there are just four hossies on the map and not a 2x2 mix. I changed to other downloaded Hostage packs, but the result is always the same.

So the point is: How to mix them like the original skins????
    Can anybody help?

thx
    Rerd

Re: Hostage Skins

There are just two main models for hostages
    hostage.mdl
    scientist.mdl

Often they come in packs with additional animations (scientist01.mdl, hostage03.mdl etc) though it isn't really necessary in CS.

Depending on the mapmaker's preference, they may have used both of these models, or just one or the other. Some model packs only replace one of these two models, while others will replace both.

Additionally, each can have a subskin, which is the same model with different textures applied. An example of this can be seen in Djiesse's Hostage Pack, where both models feature an identical subskin. Using a hostage model that doesn't have this second skin on a map which tries to use the 2nd skin will also result in losing the variety, if I remember correctly.

Anyway, your best bet is to check out the models ahead of time in HLMV and figure out which ones you actually want to see. Most maps won't give you variety, though, so be aware of that.

Comment

Re: Hostage Skins

Okay,

I will try it out

thx

Comment

Working...
      X